“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 1,116 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established over 25 years, The Mediterranean Restaurant serves fresh fish and seafood and authentic Spanish tapas. Fully licensed. Open lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday.Tapas available 12 - 2.30pm Monday - Saturday and 5.30pm - 10pm Monday to Thursday.A la carte menu and specials available Monday - Saturday lunch and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Please call to make a reservation.
UK
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Booked on line a week before we were coming to Sheffield for a weekend break.Within the hour we were called back confirming the reservation which was a really nice personal touch.

The food was exquisite - scallops, prawns and a wonderful Moroccan Chicken dish.Chilean wine was delightful.

Very reasonably priced. We were even entertained by a magician.

Every table was occupied all evening but we weren't rushed or hurried along.
Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012

Sheffield
“The best tapas I have eaten anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is certainly my favourite Sheffield restaurant and I have eaten there for the last fifteen or so years.
My favourite meal here is tapas although the main menu is also excellent- particularly the fish .
The whole tapas menu is worth trying ,not all at once though as the portions are good!,!!
The papayas braves are the best I have eaten anywhere.
The sweets are delicious too; I can recommend the tarte tatin and the creme brûlée is the best I have eaten anywhere.
The restaurant has a wonderful relaxed ambience and the staff are helpful and very friendly.

• Visited April 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Beautifully Mediterranean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited this restaurant back in March 2012 and was thoroughly impressed. The food was excellent and well worth the price as I'm a believer in paying for good food. The menu was beautifully Mediterranean, a lot of fish dishes and the only struggle was picking what to eat. The staff were keen to help out with that though and advise a wine to go with it. There was also a spanish guitarist playing which set the mood of the med. I'm currently trying to find an excuse to go again.
The venue is a bit small so be aware of this when booking a large reservation but I'm sure the staff will highlight this to you.

• Visited March 2012
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Decided to visit this restuarant after reading the good reviews on here and I am pleased to say that all the good things said were true. We had a five minute walk in the cold and rain but were instantly relaxed , warm and comfy on entering. Cannot add much to previous positive comments other than to say we WILL be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Felt like I was in the Med somewhere - even though freezing outside!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I visited this restaurant after seeing the good reviews on here! I have just got back and needed to post right away. The whole experience was amazing. The staff were attentive and very helpful and really
Made you feel welcome! We had crab salad and scallops to start, followed by paella (the best paella ever tasted), and mahi mahi (very tasty).
We were sAt eating our food with a lovely bottle of wine, saying that If we could not see the road outside we would think we were in the med somewhere on holiday. One of the nicest and freshest meals I have had in a long time! The good reviews on here are very accurate and our food was definitely worth the money. Not much more cost wise than some chain restaurants but with far better food. Not even on the same level taste wise. A lovely restaurant feeling very authentic with great staff.
Looking forward to my next visit to Sheffield so I can eat here again.