“Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fulwood Inn Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sheffield
The Fulwood Inn Hotel
You added The Fulwood Inn Hotel to your Saves list
1 Tapton Park Rd, Sheffield S10 3FG, England   |
Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We've dined many times at the Fulwood. However, when we needed to be close to family in Ranmoor, we chose to stay.
The staff are all friendly, and the manager who looked after us seemed to engender a 'can-do' attitude.
When we needed to organise for the family to be together, we group booked here.
Would recommend this to anyone - especially if you have travel issues, or unusual encumbrance; the team at the Fulwood are genial and responsive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed overnight for the 1st time last night.
Matthew & Andrew made us feel at home, they upgraded us to a larger room at no extra cost to ourselves.
Food was excellent with service at the table with staff who were very knowledgeable regards food & drink.
No noise during the night, we woke refreshed and had an amazing breakfast.
If you're in the Sheffield area, make this place your 1st choice

• Stayed March 2013
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for one night B&B. Room was very nice, quirky shaped room! Very comfy bed - had a great sleep. The cleaner had missed dusting the bedside lamp and vacuuming the bedroom carpet but otherwise the room was very good. The breakfast - full English as well as cereal and fruit juice, was very good. Man who checked us in was excellent - friendly and informative.
Ample on site parking. Good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed in two double rooms for one night and the rooms were actually technically outside the inn on the top floor with two flights of stairs. At night, the only exit and entrance was from a side door as the inn was closed at night. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were a little late for breakfast the next morning and they were very accommodating in arranging breakfast for us. The lady who served us could not have been more attentive or pleasant. Whilst checking in, the boy at the desk accompanied us to our rooms and he kindly offered to carry our bags which we politely declined.

The rooms were decent sized; one bathroom contained a bath with a shower over without any curtains to shield the water flying everywhere. Our daughter was trapped in the other bathroom as the doorknob came off whilst the door was locked and she was inside. As this room is on the top floor completely away from the inn, there is no way to ask for help. Luckily she carried her mobile phone in the bathroom and she could call us for us to be able to get this sorted.

Overall it was an okay stay, marred by the bathroom incident, or else I would have rated it 3-1/2 stars. I would commend it for the pleasantness of staff, ample parking outside, quite location and good restaurant in the pub (we did not eat there except for breakfast).

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the first floor unless you want to carry bags to the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
West Bromwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent service. Friendly staff. Double room was comfortable and spacious as was the en-suite. Stayed over one night and had breakfast which was excellent. Can't comment on the dinner menu because we didn't eat in the restaurant. There is no lift but we were offered help with our bags. Would stay there again and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wanted to stay in this locality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
scarborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice welcome by Richard ,and efficient book in,although seemed peeved when I paid by cash instead of swiping my debit card.gave me a card to charge things to my room.Again frown appeared when I told him I always pay cash for everything I have.He carried my bag to our room ,The Bridal suite,,O.K so far.Although in my seventies ,i made the wife giggle at the thought of staying in the Bridal Suite..OH WELL..The Bridal Suite was a misnomer Very large room.very small bathroom with small corner bath .Toiletries were absent with the exception of TWO liquid soap dispensers.The toilet was cramped against the wall ,AND the smallest , thinnest toilet paper I have ever seen ,coming out from a cupboard behind you .Oh my aching back , cant even soak to ease the pain,as you can only lay down in the bath with your legs over your head ..The flat screen television was a sight to behold , bigger than my shed with a support bracket large enough to anchor a cruise ship to ,it took up a lot of room .The thought did cross my mind that the room designer knew very little about newly weds to think that they would a T.V that size.. Down in the bar the drinks were very reasonably priced , although the lager was so icy the cold cracked one of my teeth ,. The food as far as I could tell turned out to be prime microwave fodder .Ok if you like that sort of thing , if not tough ,no other option ..Breakfast was Very good on the first day ,sadly the following day the food was not cooked to the same standard , more like hit with a flamethrower for five minutes .. On checkout I was told I owed money on my room tab, after two minutes of you do I dont oh yes you do oh no I dont the manager was telephoned and confirmed I dont..Will we be back no fear of that.. Do I hope that this will put people off.. OH YES I DO!!!!!

Room Tip: Take your own toilet paper ,,and a vacuum cleaner ..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked a superior room, as my partner was going to the Thornbury Hospital for a minor procedure and I thought I may spend some time in the Hotel. The Room was huge but only had a small double bed (which was comfortable) the bathroom was basic with a very small corner bath and NO SHOWER!! The toiletries, which are shown on the website, were two Dove soap dispensers on the wall and the bath one was empty. The cost was £120 per night, which you will pay for a really good hotel. In all fairness the food was very good, and very reasonable which compensated a bit , for the expensive room.

Room Tip: Don't pay for an upgrade to the superior!! And remember to take your own shampoo and conditioner...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Fulwood Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!