“Beautiful!! ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Beautiful!! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food is amazing the staff are very friendly, the chiefs couldn't do enough for you very helpful and explain dishes to you. If I had any criticism would be when ordering drinks you have to wait for your order to go through to the drinks bar and this takes a while, I noticed aswell as us a lot of people were having to ask where there drinks were. Other than that fantastic!!!

Swinton, Mexborough, United Kingdom
“Will improve after 2 for 1 offer, I hope”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went to Cosmo, Sheffield last night and unfortunately the food was not as good as expected. Having previously been to Cosmo, Doncaster I had a comparator and Sheffield leaves a lot to be desired at this time and needs to up its game. Upon arrival we gave our name and were left at the desk for several minutes before being told that we could wait at the bar. The restaurant staff were, on the other hand, excellent in my opinion.

The environment is nice and I hope that following the 2 for 1 offer that Cosmo, Sheffield takes its rightful place and is known as one of the better restaurants in the city.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good new restaurant for Sheffield!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We tried our first Cosmo experience in Leeds so was pleased Sheffield has one. This is a good answer to anyone who likes variety, the food all tasted good and was definitely value for money. Not a romantic setting but we will be going back.

Visited February 2014
UK
“Great choice, good quality, best buffet in Sheffield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We went to Cosmo on reccomendation of a friend, and we were not dissapointed! There i a huge choice of food (Even for a fussy veggie like me) there is Indian, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Japanese.. you can even get pizza!!

This is not the place for a romatic meal "a deux" but the food is good.

I started wtih curry, which was lovely - two veggie choices plus veggie sides, poppadoms, naan bread rice and condiments, hubby had sushi, which he said was good (and hes SUCH a food snob, so it must have been good) We went on to have small plates of the other food.. hubby says meat was very well cooked, fell off the bones and was tasty. I was very hapy to find the pancakes that go with duck that I fill with noodles :-) yum!

Deserts were not quite such good quality .. they were the basic buffet type cakes and sweets, but the chocolate fountain was good. would have loved strawberries to eat with it rather than haribo type sweets or choclate cake.

Staff are very attentive, friendly, but not overbearing, plates are cleared pretty quickly when youhave finished eating, The restaurant and food serving areas were all very clean.

The place is all one one level, would be very easy for disabled people as long as they were seated at the edges.. the place is big and pretty packed with tables with not much spare between. There is a sink just out of the food area, great to clean sticky fingers in.

Soft drinks are bottomless, my bottle of wine as £11, which isnt too bad for a restaurant.

We will certainly be going back again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Better than the competition, but very much packed in like sardines”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Went to Cosmo for a Birthday Celebration it was very busy!
May have something to do with the two for one offer on the website.
We were seated but after ten minutes we had to grab someone to order drinks as the staff were rushing around trying to deal with all the customers.
Soft drinks are bottomless and you help yourself to as much as you want, not premium branded drinks but that is to be expected at these prices
Don't expect an intimate dining experience as this place has you packed in like sardines.
That said the food is pretty decent, not the best that I have tried but for the price and choice its one of the best buffet meals in a set up like this that I have tried.
You have a choice of Sushi, Mexican, Italian, Thai, Chinese, Roast Meat.
The dim sum really are excellent and the choice of desserts was pretty good also, even had a chocolate fountain and hot desserts option.
I would go again but not for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2014