“A good surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
London
“A good surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I reluctantly booked into this Travelodge as I had read bad reviews about this company. What a surprise I had! I turned up too early to book in and the receptionist gave me the option of either waiting in their reception area (very clean and comfortable I might add) or leaving my case in their care and taking a look around the area. I did the latter. I eventually returned to the hotel and booked in to a room on the first floor.

The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was in really good order and there was plenty of tea and coffee etc. available. Even the TV worked perfectly on all channels.

The bed was very comfortable with the pillows a mix of hard and soft. The room was very quiet.

Breakfast the next morning offered wide variety and again the staff on duty were very pleasant.

All in all I have to say that if this Travelodge is typical of the chain then they have gained a customer in me. I most liked the way that the staff treated all the customers I witnessed them dealing with as valued customers and that is what we all like.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hotel overall clean and services great. Looking forward to breakfast which turned out to be disappointing as all items were cold even when fresh was brought in.Thought we could have cereal but the two boxes I picked up were out of date so I gave up.The apple juice was tasteless which was a pity. The catch on the bedroom window was faulty and let traffic noise and wind in but nothing was done about it.Thank goodness the heating worked.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review Cheryll W. Our bar café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard so it is regrettable to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of the food on this occasion. We are sorry to learn that the window in your room was broken; we would expect all windows to close correctly and to be checked regularly by our hotel staff. We also expect that if any issues are raised during your stay the hotel staff would be able to provide a resolution and provide high levels of service. We will ensure to pass on your feedback to the Hotel Management team which will help support any improvements that need to be made.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We found this Travelodge to be very convenient for the railway station, town centre and the canal. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. The new bed was very comfortable. In summary, excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for location to Ponds Forge Swimming Pool and City Centre.Parking is right next door adjacent to the hotel and good value for city centre rates. Its easy to find driving in to the City and a short, safe walk across to the pool. Would recommend to anyone using Ponds Forge or city centre.

Gibraltar, Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I needed to go to the university and this was a good choice for me. It was convenient for the train station even with two heavy wheeled suitcases. You just walk past ponds forges and the station is opposite.

Apart from that, what can I say? It is a Travelodge I was a bit bothered by a smell from the bathroom sink pipe, but only when using the sink. I am pretty sure that I will go again.

I have now been to two travelodge, premier inn and the ibis in Sheffield. I would really say that they are all good choices. There is no difference in quality, it is just price and location at the end of the day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a large group of friends (60) visiting Sheffield for the weekend and the location of the hotel was ideal for those driving and coming by train or bus. the hotel offered us and our party everything we needed from a budget hotel chain and i am more that sure we would use this hotel again when our friends are next in the city

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel, is clean, centrally located and good value for money, but does need some investment in guest satisfaction, why did someone answer the phone at the desk, but not deal with the situation?? therefore delaying us a further few minutes

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review gotoseeparis. We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be good value. We do expect our staff to offer a warm and friendly welcome to all of our guests so we are truly sorry that this did not happen during your stay and that there was a delay at the desk. We will ensure that the hotel are made aware of the feedback that you have left so that staff can be reminded of the importance of proving a quality service to all guests.

Been to Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel? Share your experiences!