“Fantastic stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
New Delhi
“Fantastic stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 11 days in June 2013. It was indeed a pleasure to stay there. I like the bright ambiance in hotel including the rooms. The rooms were good , comfortable bed. My only advise is to refurbish worn out chairs - that was an eye sore. Its a clean hotel located in the heart of the city centre and accessible to most of the places in Sheffield. The staff are a pleasure to interact with and efficient too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Mercure St Paul's. I will ensure the team are aware of your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A friend and I decided that we need a "mini-break" and chose the SPA reviver package - dinner, B & B plus vouchers towards the cost of a SPA treament each. The hotel is in a great location, 10 minutes walk from the train station, and is incredibly clean, bright and airy. We were pleasantly shocked with the size of our twin room and the fact that the en-suite had a separate (large) shower.
The SPA is absolutely lovely with different steam rooms plus a sauna and a ice-room ! The treatments were great, the therapists were obviously very well trained and knew what they were doing, and the relaxation room was incredibly comfortable.
ALL the staff members that we met were helpful and smiley and the food (limited menu for dinner which still provided a great choice) was of a very high quality and cooked extremely well - we thoroughly enjoyed our three course dinner and the breakfast.
I cannot praise this hotel and the staff enough - if you are looking for a short break with definite relaxation thrown in, I don't think you would be disappointed with this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. I was very pleased to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Visited Sheffield for the first time to go to a show at The Motorpoint Arena. What a pleasant surprise. This hotel is right in the town centre which is lovely, clean and very friendly. The hotel itself is modern spacious and very nice. Room was spacious, large window with view of roof of winter gardens - I guess you would get a better view from other side. Bathroom with separate shower - spotless. Bed comfy - usual flat hotel pillows! Staff seemed very friendly.
Only down point was cocktails - lovely champagne bar but mojito was the worst I've ever had and I couldn't drink it - at nearly £9 it was a bit of a waste of money. However it's my own fault for not complaining I'm sure it would have been fixed. I recommend Sheffield and this hotel, I hope to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. It was a pleasure to read your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel has a great location, right in the middle of the city center. I had a room that overlooked the Peace Gardens which was really nice, so I'd recommend trying to get one of these rooms if you stay there. Room was a decent size and the bed was comfy. The only drawback was the air conditioning was not working and the room was really hot all night, but other than that I had no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. It is always a pleasure to read such feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Lovely hotel. Rooms re really spacious. But some of the staff are really rude. Dampens the experience a bit. I enjoyed it the most when I was locked away in my room and not have to deal with the rude folks at the bar. My check in was so unpleasant that the first thing I did when I got into my room was to get online to find out the complaints procedure. And by day 2, I had breakfast there as it was included in the room price but everything else, elsewhere so I would not have to deal with the attitude.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and am aware we have communicated directly with you regarding this. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel. Got a upgrade as Accor platinum member. Great room with nice view and free internet. Free entreance to a very nice SPA. Nice interior but could ask a little more of the breakfast buffe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay - It is always a pleasure to read such feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

One week ago, my wife and I came to a town called Sheffield. Honestly, we knew nothing about this city. We had booked rooms at this hotel via telephone. The booking went smoothly and the friendliness of the booking office gave us a hint of what to come.
Arriving on Friday, we were greeted at the reception like we were regulars. Smile and service all around.
The rooms were excellent, could do with a new carpet, and we missed the opportunity to open the windows. But that was minor details (or maybe we did not figure out how to open the window). Beds were good to sleep in as well.
Breakfast was excellent. Although the white cheese was a little hard. Minor details as well.
Bar was great, and the beer was cold, what more can a man ask for?
All in all this is a hotel we felt us “at home” at. The directors can be proud of the friendliness and service provided by their staff.
We were around twenty people in our party, from all over the world staying at the hotel, and the overall feeling from everybody was positive.
Next time we are in Sheffield, we are sure that this hotel will be our “home” Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield. I will ensure the team are aware of it and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards Luisa Esposito

Been to Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel? Share your experiences!