“Great Italian, families are welcomed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Italian, families are welcomed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have been to this restaurant often and are never disappointed with the food or service. It's really nice to see that families are also welcomed. This is obviously the traditional Italian way, but not always adopted here, with children frowned on after 7pm. There was an extended family there when we went and it was lovely to see. This restaurant is excellent for couples and families. If you haven't tried it yet go , you won't be disappointed. Excellent food and amazing value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not very good at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was my second visit, took my fiancee and parents along.
First visit was OK so thought we would try it again.
Not many people in so thought the service would be good.
The waiter was more occupied by friends at the bar than he was with his customers so not a good start. Ordered drinks straight away and they were warm had to ask for Ice to put in my bottle of Peroni.
Starters on the whole were OK, apart from my ribs which lacked any meat at all which is a shame really as the sauce was good.

Maincourse, my in-laws pancakes were good, then we come to the pork special: 5 nice pieces of pork to look at, but when you turned them over they had be burnt on the bottom! to the point they could not be chewed. My chicken was ok. I asked what sides we could have and was told ROAST potatoes or chips. So opted for roast potatoes, which actually turned out to be fried sliced potatoes covered in grease.

Decided to skip sweets and pay the bill which we did at the bar as this was the only way we could get the waiters attention!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great girls night out at Mio Amore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ate here with friends on a Living Social deal. We were all impressed with the food and especially the portion sizes. I had grilled feta wrapped in parma ham for my starter and it was delicious. The waiter was friendly and the restaurant modern and clean.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Excellent Meal at Mio Amore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my daughter on a Living Social voucher (£14 for 2 course meal for 2 people). This was well worth the money. We were not limited to any starter or Pasta/ Pizza main course. The service was excellent despite the restaurant being quite busy for midweek and only one waiter. The waiter was very friendly and took time to speak to us whilst serving. The food was outstanding and the portion sizes huge. Any lovers of Italian food will well appreciate this gem of a restaurant and I fully recommend a visit with or without a voucher. The menu (food and drinks) is very reasonably priced with deserts at £3.95 and I will definitely be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I found this restaurant by looking on here and the reviews for it was really good! So I booked a table for me and my partner and was impressed from start too finish. Really friendly staff and great food available on the menu. Will definately be coming again!