“Give the guys and girls a chance !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elmwood Farm

Elmwood Farm
Beighton Link Business Park, Old Colliery Way, Beighton, Sheffield S20 1DJ, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #435 of 1,122 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
united kingdom
“Give the guys and girls a chance !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A was saddened to read the poor reviews on here . I myself visited on the 2nd day of opening. my friend and I arrived at about 1 pm , yes it was full , and yes we had to wait a while but the staff were attentive ,friendly and we found efficient . Every new place has their teething troubles and I think the crowds will lessen once the newness wears off . Both swallownest and beighton were in dire need of a decent pub . The food was delicious when it came we ordered scampi and asked for it with new potatoes instead of chips which they gave without question, lovely ample portions £7.55 each I thought was reasonable for the amount we had . My friend went back the next day with her husband they had steak and enjoyed that too . We will be giving it another go shortly .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“shambolic and disorderly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Elmwood farm opened Monday 19th August, my partner and I decided to visit Friday evening 23rd August. What a big mistake. Managed to park up fine, and the staff seated us quickly on a table and explained the process . The pub was extremely busy, you have to stand in one queue for drinks, then go to another queue for food. Queue for food was extremely long as one of the tills had gone down that day, therefore our romantic meal out we spent half the time separated as one of us had to stay at our table to watch drinks. One of the bar staff was extremely rude to my partner as he had brought out red instead of rose wine, then proceeded to stand and talk about us with another member of staff who I presumed was one of the management who we called over and explained our displeasure and embarrassment that this member of staff had been rude and was clearly talking about us in full view. The gentleman in question did apologise and indeed offered us a bottle of wine as a way of an apology which was appreciated but we would have preferred not to have had that experience in the first place. Ordered our food at 19.19 which finally arrived at 20.10 which by that point we just decided to eat and run. Food was OK, just basic 'pub grub' nothing too spectacular. We felt that the many staff who were just loitering around would have been better going up the massive queue asking people table numbers and menu choices which would have sped up the whole process as everyone was complaining about having to stand and wait, and the kitchen entrance/exit doors came out straight through where you were queueing. What we thought was going to be a lovely experience vising a fab looking new pub right on our doorstep turned out to be a total and utter letdown. Would suggest that more than 2 tills are set up for food ordering as quite clearly it was not alright on the night. No plans to re-visit at this time, but maybe just maybe a second chance in the future !!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

So the first time I went I was turned away for not being invited. It was a training day but there were no signs indicating that fact. Myself, partner and child. Instantly put off.

I thought we would give it a chance yesterday. Can't say I was impressed.

After walking across the car park to the entrance I stepped in with child in arm and again was asked to enter a different entrance as I had a child. Really? Strike one.

We were seated in an under 5's section with no offer of otherwise and although my son enjoyed the play area, I however did not want 20 kids running past my table every 2 minutes. Strike 2

The pub was not even half full yet there was a 30 minute wait on food so we opted for the carvery. The carvery selection was great and it really was fantastic but the service was lacking and it took the gent slicing the meat a good 2-3 minutes per person to do the meat. A Queue of only 10 people would mean the person at the back waiting 20 minutes just to get served. Strike 3 for me.

Oh, and you have to order food and drinks dedperatly at two different tills therefore queuing for both and no table service.

Sadly despite the good food I won't be going back and wouldn't recommend a Visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sheff
“waited too long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The pub is really nice when we arrived .The waitress told us that there was a 20 min wait, we said that's fine. A hour later we got our food and cos we had been waiting so long the carvey shuts at eight so we had to order something else.The food was nice,but the waitress told us that their was quite a few foods that their had run out of.It has only been opened since 19th August so its prob just a few teething problems .The food is lovely the bar staff and waitress are all nice and friendly.The cakes are to die for I will go back again .The area definitely needed a nice pub,i agree with the previous reviewer the car park is too small ,also not a lot of seats inside just for people who want to drink and not eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Will NEVER be returning here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Visiting this establishment was one of the worst experiences ever! Myself, 3 friends (all late 20's) and 3 children, 5 and under met for a long overdue catch up and a drink. staff shut the door in the face (other people who we were not with witnessed this) and were told that we ha to use the family enterance. When we went to sit at a table we were told that we cannot sit inside the building as we were not eating. When we dd order some chips we asked if we could sit inside now, they said that was not a problem. Then we were told unless we were ordering a main we would have to go outside. My son (5yrs) was not allowd to play in the children's activity area as, once again, we were not eating. I would like to add that NO WHERE was there any signage saying that you cannot sit inside with children if you are not eating, nothing saying that only if you ordered a main meal then you can sit inside and NOTHING about children not being allowed in the activity area I you are not eating. They did not sell any crisps etc behind the bar, you could not order drinks and at the same time. The staff were very uncooperative and one particular was really quite rude. I will not be going here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere