“Cheated” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Sheffield
“Cheated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

On Sat 15th March I and and friend went to the Varsity bar on West St Sheffield in order to watch a football match on TV. Varsity were advertising that they would be showing this game at 530pm. We went in, checked that the match would be shown and when this was confirmed we bought drinks and sat down. Around ten minutes later the TV channel was changed to Rugby. We went to the bar to check that it would be changed back to football in time for the advertised match and were told "No there are more people in who want to watch Rugby".
We explained that we had only bought drinks in order to watch the advertised football andif it was not now being shown could we have our money back so we could go somewhere else. Again we were told no.
The manager gave his name as Andrew Bodycote? and refused to give a contact address for a head office saying they don't have one.
I feel really cheated. I consider they got my money on false pretences and will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“I'm not a fan of Varsity”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't know why we always end up in varsity the bar staff ignore you and let people push in front of you in the queue and the drinks never taste quite strong enough. The toilets aren't really that clean.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice burger!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had the messy burger ,was nice but took a long time to cook about 20mins or so there was only me and 2other people there. The burger was nice but could of been hotter but was all good .for the price I expected for it to be bigger.

Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Lovely Place to Eat and Very Nice Tasty Presented Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and my girlfriend had a lovely meal here In Varsity its a very modern chilled out place to be, great entertainment at the weekends too. Also karaoke booths upstairs and now you can have vocal lessons In the karaoke booth off a proffesional singing teacher for fee £ whether you wanna be better at singing on karaoke or be a proffesional singer you can learn stagecraft and everything here you can enquire at the bar. I ordered 2 Southern fried chicken wrap with chips, when the barman arrived with our food we couldn't believe our our it was very nicely presented and was very tasty indeed. Toasted wrap filled with southern fried chicken, babygem lettuce & Mayo and very nice tasty chips, with sauce's and salt, vineger to choose from on the table aswell. This place has a great choice of food, very good quality food as I can see aswell as good choice of drinks and staff are friendly, very clean aswell. Me and my girlfriend like it here. We shall be back soon. Check this place out...

• Visited May 2013