“Italian class” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Italian class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

5 Star activity for any weekend away! Group of 9 for a hen do weekend making an italian feast! Firstly we made focaccia- this didnt rise in time for us to bake, but Jackie had already prepared some incase this happened! Our rolls then baked later in the class and we took them home. We then made pasta, and a bread and bitter pudding. Everyone is gathered round one work space, and taking bits in turn. Can accomodate 10 very well. We got to enjoy the meal in a lovely dining room. We were needing to fit well to schedule as had another place to be shortly after, and it sfitted very well to time- 3 hours. Would definately recommend, and would be happy to return.

Sheffield
3 attraction reviews
“Cooking courses at their best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

You cannot get a better location for a cookery course! The informative and friendly courses are held in her fantastic kitchen (part of a wonderfully restored old barn). Jacqui is a great teacher and I got lots of useful insights from her, and of course a few of the other 'pupils' helped me along the way. A great day out and well worth it.

North Wales, united kingdom
“Hen weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have just come home back to Wales after a hen weekend here for my friend, we were a group of 9 and visited pies and puddings cookery class for an Italian lesson and what can I say, it was amazing Jacqui was so friendly and sweet. We got there and were welcome with tea or coffee Nd a big plate of biscottis, Jacqui then took us into the main house to start our class. We had so much fun making our bread, pasta and pudding. When we were eating our food Jacqui was more than helpful always asking how we were if the food was good or if we needed drink refills, I would 110% recommend you come here. I'd defiantly come back and learn more skills. I'm off to buy my own pasta machine tomorrow so I can continue to make home made fresh past

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pastry Cookery Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have just attended my second course with Jacqui Marsden. The courses are held in her lovely homely kitchen in a very friendly atmosphere , all set in idyllic countryside. She is a brilliant teacher and lots is learnt not just from her but from all the participants sharing tips. The Perfect Pastry course covers choux pastry ( easy WHEN you know how!) , sweet and savoury pastry with additional tips for other types of pastry. We made quiches for lunch ( to go with the delicious home made salads and pork pies that Jacqui had prepared, chocolate eclairs for pudding, and French apple tarts to take home. Totally scrummy!

Visited April 2013
North
“Penistone Pies & Puds - cookery courses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Over the past year or so, I have been on several cookery courses held by Jacqui at Penistone Pies & Puddings (marmalade making, pastry making, Christmas cake making, chutneys). The courses are fun and friendly; a lovely way to meet new people, learn (or brush up on) a skill and have a relaxing day out. The setting is idyllic - Jacqui's converted barn has fabulous views up into the Peak District. But more than that; it's the whole ambience - from arriving to the welcoming cluck of the free-range hens, to lunch (always home-made) where we all pop out into the garden to pick the freshest salad/herbs, to tea-breaks with lots of chatter and home-made biscuits - everything helps to take the stress out of my busy life.....and the courses are informative too! Jacqui's courses are reasonably priced, and leave you with a really good feeling about traditional cooking values. I would definitely recommend; and will certainly be visiting again soon.

Visited December 2012