“Best coffee in Sheffield” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #376 of 1,122 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Sheffield
“Best coffee in Sheffield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We tried the new coffee shop on our high street last year. My wife is a self confessed coffee-connoisseur and wouldn't stop telling me how nice their lattes were.

As it was her birthday fast approaching, I decided to ask for a gift voucher for her.
I expected a bit of a order sheet stapled to a receipt. However, I was over the moon with what I got.... A fully personalised one off gift certificate. Needless to say my wife was very pleased!

Excellent staff, lovely tasty coffee.... what more could you want?

My only negative to add is that we now HAVE to go in every Sunday morning for our weekly chill-out!

I would highly recommend Barretts, but, being selfish, I want to keep it to myself!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jjcaters4, Owner at Barretts at 235, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Wow thank you for such a fantastic review we really appreciate the time you took to write such a positively pleasing piece.

Many thanks James

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice coffee but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for a lunchtime coffee as it is on our local high street. The choice of drinks was good and the food sounded nice (looked nice from what we saw being served to others). However the service was lackluster - we weren't really acknowledged when we walked in even though we were the only ones there. Also, our order was called out when it was ready so we could collect it from the counter, even though we were seated about two paces away - I know it's not table service for drinks but the girl could have just brought it across in two seconds! Flat white and cappuccino were nice but nothing special and no atmosphere to speak of.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visited for cream tea offer which turned out to be one scone with the smallest portion of jam and equally small pot of cheap cream from a spray can and not clottedream as described. Service OK but not overly friendly and obviously extremely cost conscious in potions. One positive was good presentation. Will not be returning based on this visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We visit Barretts regularly.Good coffee/tea,
cakes are delicious.Hot food always great.
Bread excellent.
My only grumble is sometimes there is a bit of a wait to be served,which I don't mind at busy times but a smile and acknowledgement that you've been seen wont go amiss.Some staff more welcoming and friendlier than others.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went in today for a coffee with my mum, service was okay but didn't seem too friendly. Was unsure what to do when we walked in, not being sure whether to take a seat or go and order straight away. I was surprised you couldn't smell the coffee immediately as you walked in, like most other coffee shops I know! Cappachino was nice, but have had much nicer at vanilla coffee shop!

Visited January 2013