“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've visited here a few times now and I'm still not really sure how to rate it. The owner is such a lovely Vietnamese lady who always has time to chat, but the food can be hit and miss. I have the privilege of visiting Vietnam several times a year on business and I simply adore Vietnamese food (lighter and more healthy than Thai). Depending on your choice, I think it can be vaguely reminiscent of genuine Vietnamese or genuinely delicious Vietnamese.. The restaurant lacks atmosphere for me as it's nearly always empty - often I'm either on my own, or only with the friends who've joined me. The service is good and always friendly.

I really hope this place succeeds as they try hard, but don't quite hit the spot.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my first visit to a Vietnamese Restaurant, although I am verry familiar with other asian cuisines. The restaurant is clen and has attractive Asian paintings on the wall and other oriental props as you might expect. the clientele was a mix of European and Asian diners. As I didn't know my way around the menu, I threw myself on the mercy of the waitress. On her advice, I ordered salt and pepper squid to start, followed by crispy sea bass and a mango salad. The squid was excellent, soft pieces of squid, beautifully spiced, but the portion was really large for a starter. The sea bass was equally delicious and large, a whole fish crisply fried with a very nice garnish on top.The portions were so big I had to dodge part of the salad and had no room for dessert. With a couple of beers to drink, my bill was about £25 which i thought was good value for the quality of the food on offer.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Little Hanoi has left a Big Impression!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Tremendously lovely restaurant, came here with a group of friends and the service was very welcoming and polite.
Ordered the chicken satay for starters and it came relatively quick – delicious
I had the little Hanoi special pho for main and it was easily the nicest noodles I’ve had in Sheffield!
All round a brilliant restaurant and welcome addition to London road. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Needs more work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Difficult one to review this. We ordered vegetable spring rolls and salt and pepper bean curd with chilli for starters. Really delicious and the prawn crackers that arrived were better than average. The spring rolls really were very tasty. Quite unusual but crispy, tasty and with a nice dipping sauce! I ordered 'hot' vegetable curry which was neither hot nor vegetable. It would have been better described as mild, cabbage stew. It had a few thumb nail sized pieces of potato, two slithers of carrot, and a few bits of courgette in it but the cabbage was in the majority. I was so disappointed. The steamed rice was nice and my husband enjoyed the stir fried mixed vegetables in garlic sauce. Would I go here again? Well no I wouldn't, but I would go to Pho 68 across the road. The surroundings are pleasant but I go to a restaurant for the food. I think Little Hanoi needs to up its' game as the competition in the area is very fierce.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“hard to review because the food never came”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

was in an hour - everyone else got food - turns out they forgot the order despite telling us our food was on way. charged us for cheap cola still though - six quid and an hour wasted. went to pho 68 down the road - we ordered and our main was out in 3 minutes no joke!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere