“Disgusting toilets, terrible food and VERY expensive.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 70 Activities in Sheffield
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
“Disgusting toilets, terrible food and VERY expensive.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014 NEW via mobile

The toilets are very dirty with toilet paper, nappies & water all over the floor and sinks. The paninis are uncooked and soggy. Kids liked the slides but it cost me £40 for a very unpleasant experience. Oh and the boss refused to give us more than 1 small sachet of ketchup. Bizarre!

Visited December 2014
PlayArena, Manager at The Play Arena, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Play Arena. I'm disappointed that you were unhappy about your visit and would like to address the issues you've brought up if I may.
Regarding the toilets, they are checked every hour however during school holidays, then in between check times it's easy that they may vary from the expected standards. May I suggest that this is easily remedied by alerting a member of my team who would happily sort any such matters.
On the matter of the food, we pride ourselves on the standard of food produced and have consistently maintained our 5 star rating throughout our term. In this instance, my understanding was that you brought a Tuna Mayo panini back and complained that it was "too fishy"! You were offered a substitute which you refused and were immediately given a full refund with an apology which you accepted. I hope this shows that we do care about your comments and make sure that your opinion matters.
I'm glad your children enjoyed their visit and I do hope you will visit us again where we hope to be of service to you. Thank you once again.

“Best play centre around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014 via mobile

We've just been to Sheffield play arena it was fantastic as usual loads to do and the food is just quality highly recommended

Visited December 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A great place to go to for the kids and the mums!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

We regularly visit the play arena, my daughter and I with her friend and friends' mum. Us mums sit and chat with a hot drink & cake while the girls run off steam. Even my husband joins us (kind of - sitting at a nearby table plugged into his ipad with earphones) and also enjoys the coffee & cake!!! The hot food is also good and freshly done to order.
The toilets are always clean and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The girls never turn down the option of play arena for other play centres, so that must speak volumes. The only thing I would say is take a cardigan with you, it can sometimes feels a little cool later on in the day when there are less people in. All in all a fab time time out.

Visited November 2014
“Best play centre in sheffield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Easily the best play centre in Sheffield, it is great value, food is excellent and facilities first class, clean, safe and most of all loads of fun for my little one, highly recommend

Visited November 2014
5 attraction reviews
“Best playcentre for children and adults!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We regularly visit the play arena, me (22) my husband (23) our daughter (3) and our best friends (2, 23 & 24) all love the playcentre and we all have plently of fun! The kids have plently of areas to choose from and althought they are only young they prefer the bigger part of the play area so we go in with them and we too have a great time! Prices at the cafe are ok and food is always lovely! Entry prices is ok too especially for all the things they have to offer and great that adults are free! We even won free tickets to their halloween party through a facebook competition which was great for the kids! All round great day for every1!