“Great food poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Second visit, first time starter and main arrived at same time, which we thought was a bit strange but didn't say anything. Great food great cocktails decided to return- waitress seated us at a low coffee table and we asked if we could sit at a normal height one, she seemed reluctant to but we did. Hubby's food arrived 5 mins later mine still hadn't, asked and was told mine had been redone because it had a hole in it but I wish they had said as my hubby's was cold when mine turned up. Delicious again, ordered deserts they arrived , waitress put them down walked off no mention of cutlery which I found myself. Shame as food really nice but lacking in basic serving skills.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sheffield
“Rethink your waiting staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Dined with a few friends a few weeks ago, upon entering the bar we were approached by a waitress who ask when our reservation was, bearing in mind it was 7pm she told us we couldn't sit on a table that was reserved for 8.30pm. I'm sorry but I don't see why it should be an issue midweek, and she really needs to think about maximising customers in the time between reservations. After the pizza's were served mine was dropped on the table and the waitress disappeared, it's not like I wanted any mayonnaise or anything! To be honest I as a waitress myself, in several 4* star hotel restaurants I find it really rude to enter a dining establishment only to be ask what time your reservation is instead of "do you have a reservation". I suggest training for some of the waiting staff, every time I have been here it has normally been lovely, and I was highly disappointed with this visit!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great place day or night! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bloo 88 is one of my favourite places to eat and drink on West Street! Great value for money, excellent food, exciting cocktails and service with a smile every time! Would definitely recommend this place!

“Watch your pizza being cooked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Really bustely place in Sheffield studentville. Interesting pizza ideas cooked in proper clay oven. Cocktails also really unusual, served in old jam jars. We look out of our way to go here. Tons of two for one offers.

Visited August 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The only thing better than the pizza is the service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, you can see the pizzas cooking from your table and watch the fab bar staff mix cocktails like a pro! The beer garden is lovely but doesnt get the sun. The cocktails are very tasty (the one with the apricot especially!) and the pizzas are gorgeous, thin and crispy, great choice and the staff are only too happy to add extra toppings or pack one into a take home box! Whether its packed or not the staff make you feel like the only people there, cannot praise the service enough!

• Visited September 2013