“I like Giraffe” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
South Yorkshire
“I like Giraffe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here for breakfast today. Have been a few times previously. I like that the menu does have some interesting things on, it is clean and the service is good. It is also quite reasonably priced.

Visited February 2013

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, on the expensive side though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We'd seen a few Giraffe branches around but never tried it before, normally favouring places that we know we like already. Now though, Giraffe will definatley get added into the list of regular choices! The restaurant had a really nice atmosphere even though it's not seperate from the food court, we felt it was nice and relaxed and we didn't feel rushed out. We didn't have any problem getting a table at 6.15pm on a friday, and were greeted and seated promptly. The waitress was happy to discuss the menu with us, and the menu itself is one of the most varied I have seen! It's not huge, but there's a good variety and some unusual dishes.

I had the lamb leg steak, which was really really good- I wouldn't normally choose a steak, but it was well done (as I asked for), and had a lovely chargrilled taste. Came with heaps of yummy fries, salad and a nice salsa verde. Only thing I would say is that maybe the steak could be a bit on the small side for a man's appetite- perfect for me as a girl though!
My boyfriend had the risotto with chicken, prawns and chorizo and pronounced it delicious and heavenly. I tried some too and it was really rich and creamy!
For desert we split the white chocolate and passionfruit cheesecake, which was yummy but not the best cheesecake I've had (which is a hard title to claim, as I eat cheesecake whenever possible). We also had the cappuccino topped with ammaretto biscuits- never seen one before, so we had to try it! Very yummy when first recieved, but I wasn't such of a fan of the soggy bits at the end that had sunk into the coffee.

We used a 40% off voucher and the bill was £30, without it would have been £45 including a couple of non alcoholic drinks- which strikes me as very expensive for a meal for two without starters and sharing a pudding- and no alcohol! So although I would give 5 stars for the food, the value isn't so great. They do a set menu which is two courses for £9.99, but it's very limited. Also they are a bit cheeky adding a 10% tip onto the bill- we nearley tipped seperatley as well before realising! They should really point it out when giving you the bill, as people in this country aren't used to it being added automatically like in the USA. I would definatley reccomend a visit to Giraffe- just wait until they have a good discount voucher out!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“First visit and really enjoyed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Thought we would try Giraffe in Meadowhall for a change from the normal eateries. Great service from the door, sat down, really good menu with lots of choice and things you don't normally expect in Meadowhall. Nice atmosphere, food arrives quick and was very nice. Quality ingredients and freshly cooked. What more could you want? Will most definitely visiting again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I ended up going to this place for breakfast after not being able to get into the Frankie & Bennys at Meadow Hall, and boy, am I glad I did!
The food is amazing! Fresh cooked, original and super tasty, this is the place to go if you want something a little different.
I had breakfast wrap, eggs, chilli, spicy sausage, cheese and FRESH salsa! THE BOMB!
Great service, great fresh coffee and great vibe. I will certainly go to a Giraffe again.
The only reason its not a 5 * is due to the prices being higher than average, service is included on your bill so look out for that!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield
“Service 10/10 Food..........OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had an hour before the cinema and decided to try out Giraffe. Told the waiter and the delivered all the food in record time whilst they were busy. We all had burgers and they were ok nothing more or less. Probably not try again but if you want some solid food with nothing to shout home about but excellent service this could be the place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere