“One for the carnivores” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Eyam
“One for the carnivores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My first visit. It had been recommended by a trusted friend. Simply great. I had the Empanadas to start, and ribs with a side of coleslaw for main. "Does what it says on the tin" - Empanadas were fine, possibly a little filling for me. Ribs were fantastic - just a mound of perfectly cooked meaty ribs, no sauce and still meaty (rather than falling off the bone). Well seasoned and very, very tasty. Simple side of obviously home-prepared coleslaw. Too many ribs for me (but that is probably just me!).
Will return soon with my sons who are the ultimate carnivores.
Decor fine feels comfortable and here are more covers round the back than you can see from the front.
We were a party of 15. We had pre-ordered and service was good - timely and friendly.
Recommend you try it

“Well deserved reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate at La Vaca again on Friday evening, 8 March. Another lovely meal. The steak here really is the best. We live in Warwickshire and visit Sheffield regularly to see family and friends. We always try to fit in a meal at this restaurant. The food is excellent quality and therefore excellent value for money. If you like good steak you can't go wrong here. My partner has lived in a number of South American countries and knows his steak. This is his favourite restaurant in this country. Their chips, coleslaw and salads are all really good too as is the chocolate brownie for dessert. The wine selection is good and the prices very reasonable.
And on top of all that the staff are all lovely. They are attentive and hard working. No 1 in Sheffield in our view. Keep up the good work.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Amazingly cooked steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Me and my husband visited La Vaca with another couple after hearing good reviews and being steak lovers! We booked well in advance as we heard that they get booked up very quickly being a small restaurant.
We got a friendly welcome and were immediately shown to our table. Drinks were brought to us quickly ad they have a great selection of wines to accompany your meal.
We skipped starters and went straight to the mammoth main course. My husband and I shared the 'Parrillada' which is two 8oz sirloin steaks, huge pork ribs, morcilla, and chorizo. This comes with jacket potatoes which I opted for but my husband asked for chips which the waitress happily sorted with no problem. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, one rare and one medium rare just as we had asked. Every mouthful was absolutely delicious. We couldn't quite finish the mountain of meat so the waitress kindly boxed it up for us to take home.
We have, and will return again to try more of the delicious food the menu has to offer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great steak and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

As part of a group of 11 from manchester on a stag do we went for an early meal here. The service from waitress Abbie was fantastic and she got involve in the banter. The drinks were never empty and the knowledge of the menu was brilliant. All the food came out on time and correctly. All the steaks were fantastic. A great find only down side is that's its bit in the centre so a taxi was needed. Will go again if ever in Sheffield.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lived up to all the positive reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home from a great night out what can I say it's exactly what it says on the tin top notch steak chips starters house wine service and the owner Rodriguez seems a decent guy can't wait to go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere