“Great team outing. Excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Halal, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great team outing. Excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The team at Jewel took everything in hand for a large group and carefully staggered the ordering process to ensure that the kitchen could prepare everything to come out together. A few minor glitches were taken care of discretely and professionally. The food was excellent, slight variations on dishes allowed it to be new but still familiar.

I particularly enjoyed the Junglee Khargosh - or Jungle Carwash as one of my esteemed colleagues immediately dubbed it (not sure about the spelling I'm afraid) which was a delicious stewed rabbit on the bone with a pleasantly spicy gravy. I would definitely go back. The only thing preventing five stars for this restaurant is it's tricky location and limited parking.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Friendly staff, lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We've been hear about 6 or 7 times now and each time have had a great meal, the staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you but they don't hover around, just appear when you want them. The food is very fresh, piping hot with old favourites plus some more unusual dishes, such as julienne of duck strips as a starter, some very nice fish dishes and unusually, a beef dish, I haven't tried this yet but fully intend to. It is spotlessly clean with linen tablecloths and napkins and I think reasonably priced for the quality of the food and service. Limited choice if you just want wine by the glass but adequately nice. This has definately become a regular of ours with nice extra touches like the staff holding the door open for you and shaking your hand, I hope it continues to be successful

Visited January 2014
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Great surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would try Jewel as a change to Akbars, upon entering the restaurant we were not greated by the usual decor which was a pleasant change. I was not expecting great things from the food but I must say that the jalfrezi was one of the best dishes I have ever tasted! Would definitely recommend!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A great twist on indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited this place a while ago now for the first time and have been back 3 times since. The food is always fresh and hot and the choice is great. They have your classic dishes and some very exciting signature dishes. I had the lamb which was absolutely lovely. The only bad thing is that the portions are a little bit on the small side - but thats only cos I wanted more cos it tasted so good.....

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Me and my wife called in this restaurant on the off chance as we passed it and hadn't tried this indian before and what a lovely place this is the decor is very fresh and modern and certainly a notch up from other indians we have been to. We were greeted by friendly staff who waited on us all night in a polite manner and the food was beautiful with a few different meals on the menu - duck and plenty of fish dishes the food tasted fantastic and the service was marvellous slightly more pricey than your average indian but dont let this put you off going we would strongly recommend this restaurant