“First Time Visit For Family, .....” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“First Time Visit For Family, .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Dropped in for a few antipasti during a shopping trip.. as like nearly everybody else!
As like the last review, was going to mention the lack of high chairs (we didn't have one at all), the over use of glass tables is not particularly buggy/baby friendly.
However, we were happy to try and accommodate our pram as we were hungry, and our little girl happily sat in the pram to eat.
Greeted by the chef who was talking to family or friends in the restaurant.
Ordered a couple of antipasti, all of which was fresh and divine- may have been simple food that we ordered- but presentation and taste was spot on.

Service we found a little nonchalant, waitress was talking away to an old gent (looked like a regular customer of theirs) & we were sat for quite a while not knowing whether we got up to order, or had our order taken -being new to the place we need a little bit more attention...!

Back to the food- bruschetta was crispy, clean, refreshing to the palette. Tomato garlic bread was not overpowering, but the right combination of ingredients to make it very moreish,
Antipasti of meats was complemented perfectly by amazing fresh rocket leaves and balsamic - the most simplest of ingredients were made to feel fresh, what I appreciated.

My partner, owning a restaurant himself complained the salad tasted out of a packet, -but even if so, it did not taste that way to my own taste buds what are very picky!

Ambience was very relaxed, did not feel in a hurry, ..Was full of all elderly customers- where was all the youngsters on a Saturday afternoon? I would have liked to have seen that place more busy and trendy for lunch with young people ..

Would have ordered a dessert, but the menus had been taken away after we ordered, and we were not asked about it, nor given a menu after we had finished -and again, didn't know if we were supposed to get back up and find somebody to ask for a menu again.. as it would seem.. so settled on what we had to eat and left,

Didn't find it the most comfortable place to eat seating wise, but food was fresh and good value for light lunch so on that strength will visit again.
Authentic Italian staff who were pleasant and friendly- Grazia!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice food shame about the high chairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I called into this restaurant on a shopping trip, it is my kind of restaurant, family run authentic Italian restaurant. I was with my 1 yr old daughter I got there and asked for a high chair, unfortunatly the only one they had did not fasten and was not clean. I didn't have any choice except to use it, this wasn't ideal as my daughter kept trying to stand up in it knowing she wasn't fastened in. The food however was excellent and the staff very friendly and efficient, I would go again but for health and safety reasons they need to sort out some high chairs that are safe.

Visited December 2013
Sheffield England
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have to say I was really surprised to read the poor review about the lasagne. My partner and I dine here regularly and the food has always been of exceptional quality and the serving staff impeccable, I think we've probably run through most of the menu by now and I can highly recommend this for both lunch and evening meals. We shall most definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Sheffield's beautiful little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

My partner and I visited the cafe at 11:00 on a Saturday morning. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with a friendly hello from the server who asked us how we were and told us to sit at any table we pleased. Once sat at our table we were instantly offered drinks and asked whether we preferred a breakfast or lunch menu. The server truly made us feel at ease and had a great attitude, we felt like we had known him years!
My partner ordered a big breakfast that was magnificent! Everything was cooked to perfection and you could tell that true time and care had been put into the food. Not like your average cafe fry up! The mushrooms were cooked in a garlic butter that was truly divine. Definitely a new favourite!
I ordered scrambled eggs and salmon on toast and it was beautiful! Everything looked and tasted 5 stars and definitely wasn't what I was expecting!
Overall this is a beautiful little gem in the city centre. Fantastic staff with the warmest welcome you'll ever receive and amazing authentic cooking at low prices, how can you resist?!

We'll definitely be returning!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Selby, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

There were 9 of us on a works night out, I ordered Lasagne and chips everyone else ordered Pizza, one other person ordered a side of chips. Food came in a reasonable time, Pizza were fine but the Lasagne was appalling, it had no flavour and contained no meat, the chips didn't arrive, I was told they would be one minute, which clearly translates to 10! I complained to what appeared to be the head waiter who tried to tell me Lasagne doesn't contain meat just Bolognese sauce, he then went and brought an uncooked one from the kitchen to show me, the one he brought contained meat (mince) when I said it has meat in it he said it dissolves when cooked - quite odd, the waiter only wanted to argue- we will not be returning. Top tip. STAY AWAY FROM LASAGNE

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere