“Rude staff and poor food -” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cheshire, England
“Rude staff and poor food -”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I want to share my experience of todays visit to Frankie & Benny's.
I met with my mother to celebrate our birthdays at Meadowhall and after looking around the food hall, settles on Frankie & Benny's. When we arrived we were asked where we would like to sit. My mother decided she wanted to sit inside as there were soft padded seating available. However we were instead lead to the back of the restaurant near the kitchen to wooden backed seats. My mother, very politely asked if we could sit in one of the free tables with the padded seat. The waitress rudely refused as she claimed none were clean. My mother then insisted, saying we could wait. So we were shown to a dirty table (others were clean and available) and the menus were thrown on the table. After this, we waited 10 minutes before we were offered a drink. At this point I started to get a sinking feeling. 15 minutes later, we had decided to leave at which point the drinks arrived and our order was taken. I decided to have a Goats Cheese and tomato skins started and a cheeseburger for the main meal. My mother wanted an omelet and a waffle for pudding. After another lengthy wait, my starter arrived. It was burnt and had no Goats cheese on it. We did eat this but made a point of telling the waiter about how bad this was. He said he would inform his manager and the kitchen. Following another wait, our meals arrived. My burger bun was stale and burnt. The chips on both plates were anaemic to say the least but were edible. Thankfully the omelet was ok, so I decided not to make a scene. Now, I know the restaurant at this point had gotten busy but a wait followed and we prompted for the waffle. What arrived was a warm hard waffle and 2 very frozen ice cream. We had to cut through the waffle with a knife. The bill was duely presented once I had gotten up to chase the waiter. The bill was presented for the full meal. We had queried why this was the case when we had complained about the starter- to which the response was, "you ate the food, tough"! - I would have complained about the whole experience, but the manager could not even be bothered to come up and apologise.

• Visited February 2013

55% Recommend
Sheffield
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently went shopping with my Mum to Meadowhall and for dinner we went to Frankie and Benny's. There was a lunch deal, any 1 course meal and a refill drink for around £7-8. We both ordered the fish, chips and salad. When it arrived, the meal was cooked to perfection and beautifully seasoned. I really do recommend going here as it is good value for money and the staff are very friendly

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Truely terrible - strongly recommend never to go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I very rarely give 'terrible' reviews so this is quite a rarity for me, but Frankie & Benny's definitely deserved it this time. This meal concerns an evening meal in January. The service was extremely slow, although we were almost the only customers in the restaurant. We also considered the food terrible. I ordered a calzone, which came as a half flattened mess of pizza with the insides running out. The outside was completely burnt (tasted crispy and of charcoal). To add insult to the food, the chef had tried to cover this up by pouring excessive amounts of salsa on top (such that the whole plate was full of running sauce). This in turn made the food soggy as well as crispy. Unbelievably, if things could not get any worse, I found the chef had added entire clumps of salt inside, which were so large to be visible to the eye even after cooking. Nevermind the hair also in the food. Having sampled most of the chains in Meadowhall, I would strongly recommend any other place (including the Harverster or Macdonalds) as a better and more professional dining establishment.

ROTHERHAM
“wished we hadn't bothered!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We didn't like this experience one little bit. We were seated close to the kitchen counter which was very strange because you couldn't actually hear any food being cooked!

There was no sizzling or pots and pans banging, and when we placed our order after being interrupted every ten seconds to see if we were ready! all be it before any drinks had been delivered.
When the order arrived about five minutes after being placed it was just warm we had ordered a garlic bread which was more like a tortilla and really soggy, I had ordered spagetti and meatballs and they were terrible.
We decided to watch the next order be placed and time it, it was ready in eight minutes a family of four but was then left on the counter for ten minutes going cold before it was delivered to their table.
Hasten to add we asked for the bill and vowed never to return

• Visited November 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“DONT BOTHER.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

After today's visit i will not be returning again.

2 weeks a go i booked a table for my daughters Birthday. I rang yesterday to reconfirm the booking. (More then 24 hrs in advance). I arrived along with other parents and their children. When i got there, they hadn't even started preparing the table and had to wait half an hour for the table. I asked the manager why the table wasn't ready and his excuse was "I DONT KNOW, I'VE ONLY JUST STARTED MY SHIFT.". They took ages in taking our orders and again we waited ages for the food to be served. This was very embarrassing for me., Then they had the cheek to add a £6.00 service charge to my bill. (This was for a tip). I did tip the waiter what i thought the service was worth. But they were money grabbing cos it was busy and at the end of the day, its all about money not providing anything satisfactory. JUST MONEY.

• 2 of 5 stars Food