“Very disappointing - wont be returning” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
Alicante, Spain
“Very disappointing - wont be returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Visited this food court restaurant during a christmas shopping trip to Meadowhall. Originally was going to go to Wagamama but on the way there spotted Rice and decided to give it a go. BIG mistake. We opted for the Express Lunch menu with an additional starter. The service was terrible and it was impossible to get a waiters attention. Ordered 2 soups and tempura vegetables for starter. After waiting 25 minutes the soups eventually arrived but no tempura. Soup was tasteless. Waited another 30 minutes and main course still hadnt arrived - asked for drinks bill and left. I expect an Express Lunch to be express - waiting almost an hour and not even getting the food we ordered was ridiculous. Service bad, food bad. Wont be going back. Stick with Wagamama or Yo Sushi is my advice.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The menu here has lots of choices and the food is really nice. Drinks options are basic.
The restaurant is a funny shape so you do feel a little cramped but service is efficient. They don't go the extra mile but they get the job done politely.
Worth a visit especially as part of a shopping trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

at first i walked past the place as i wanted to go to T.G.I Fridays but after walking back it was the best meal in years. I had the Jambalaya and my girlfriend had the hawker menu, you get 3 dishes for £9.99 so its pretty good value for money as well! the man that served me was very polite actually made us laugh. i will be visiting here again as soon as i can!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“staff no common sense very dumb”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Waste of time. food really nice. service shocking. staff have no common sense or a clue about customer service. over priced. only go if you have 2 hours spare and you like paying a lot to be served by dumb waitresses with no common sense.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Service from Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Decided on Express Lunch at Rice today, whilst xmas shopping. Express it wasn't, I have never seen so many people get up and walk out of a place in all my life. The business they lost today was major. People were still sat there 40 mins after ordering a starter, which would have taken 10 mins max to prepare, some received nothing at all after being sat there 55 mins. We were "lucky" I suppose to actually receive any food, but it was not very hot at all. We ended upnot receiving our coffee which was part of our meal deal, I did complain as I paid, although I would have been within my rights to not of paid at all. I told the waitress she must inform the management of my feedback as it was the worst meal and service I have ever experienced. Won't be going back, felt it was only right to tell others thinking of dining there, not to both. Sorry Guys but , your a disgrace.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere