“Food ok, but service is slow” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #604 of 1,078 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Meadowhall in Sheffield food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Sheffield, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Rotherham, Shiregreen and Brinsworth, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Sheffield
“Food ok, but service is slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Visited and had the £10 meal deal, the service was very slow.
When the food arrived I only received 10 chips! I think they wanted me yo fill up on salad. Other portions were also on the small and skimpy side.

Overall the food was ok, but would recommend filling up on salad as the portions are small.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your meal with us on our Trip Advisor page. We were disappointed to read that you were not satisfied in your visit to the Harvester Sheffield, and we have replied to you personally about this.

yorkshire
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Been here lots of times since it opened but unfortunately it has gone downhill. The floor the chairs even the table and salt pot was dirty we asked to be moved not much difference.Not very appetising.I understand when they are busy and a fast turnover of customers but I don't want to sit with the last diners leftovers all around me. In need of a good clean and the food was bland with overcooked chicken. will stick to centertainment in the future for Harvester. Sorry just needs sorting asap yuk.

We are very sorry to hear that the meal you had at Harvester Sheffield was not as perfect as you would have liked. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we always welcome your feedback and we have replied to you personally about your review.
Derbyshire
“STOP... think again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I previously reviewed the Harvester at Meadowhall Retail Park [a bland, soulless place that frankly makes you feel as if all the joy has gone out of the world]. I did enjoy going to the restaurant however [on the first two occasions at any rate], but that was quite some time ago, and after trying the one in Meadowhall Shopping Centre I highly doubt I'll visit a Harvester again. The reason: On our third visit to the Retail Park branch, the portion size [half chicken] had shrunk dramatically [they'd obviously figured that profit and cost balance wasn't favorable, as often happens], which started the downward spiral, but quality was still good, that is until we visited the shopping centre branch / franchise.

The food was frankly awful, and I just can't find a good word to say about it - The management of this particular branch or franchise, in its wisdom, have obviously decided that profit is all that counts, at the expense of everything else, and another potentially good concept goes the way of every other establishment that views their product as just commodity, cooked without passion, served and presented without care. The salad bar had really gone down in terms of both quality and selection, but the fact that you are looking down 'into' the salad bar, with no sneeze guard, is just unacceptable in terms of hygiene.

I don't like posting negative reviews, and always try to find some positive aspect, or recommend that you try it for yourself, but in this case, I would avoid it - there are much better places in Meadowhall, and frankly if Harvester don't get their act together I suspect they won't be here long.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to Harvester Sheffield. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.
barnsley
“Bad chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We visited here on 13th January after a visit to the cinema. I had chicken breast and my husband had the ultimate chicken combo, all was well until my husband but into a rotten chicken wing. Luckily he spat it out. We informed the lovely waitress who said she would tell the chefs. We asked for the bill and when she came back she apologised and offered us a complimentary sweet or coffee but we just wanted to leave so declined, the waitress was obviously taking advice from someone else as we were presented with the bill with both meals on it. We both work in a restaurant and if this ever happened to us the meal would not be charged for and someone in charge would go and deal with the customer, not leave it to the waitress. We have been to this particular harvester on many occasions and have been served by this waitress before and have absolutely nocompliants about her and the only reason I have put this review is because I have TWICE emailed harvester about this matter and have had no reply.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was a mother and daughter treat which turned out to be hard work. We first order cocktails which took 15 minutes for our waiter to come and tell us they didn't have the ingredients for them, with no apology. The food arrived and the rump steak was pretty tasteless and chewy, I had requested no sauce but this was beyond the waiters comprehension and he clearly wasn't going to move until I ordered one. The salad bar as always was copious and very nice. At the end of the meal our waiter scrapped the plates at the table with bits of food falling on the table, given this we decided not to opt for dessert. When we went to pay the card machine wasn't working properly, we had used the card several times before entering harvester and again after we left, so clearly the fault was with harvester. After going to get cash out to pay, the staff did not stop their conversation as they took our money nor did they offer any apology. All in all it was like being in a cattle market very sloppy and not something we would like to repeat. I have eaten in Harvesters in other parts of the country and always had a very different experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at Harvester, responded to this review, January 18, 2014