“Proper Sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,042 restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Small authentic Japanese run take-out in Sheffield City Centre. We serve the freshest handmade sushi and also Japanese hot food, such as Chicken katsu curry & rice for lunch-time and deliveries for the evening. We maintain standards of food quality, hygiene and service to the highest by ongoing training, support and feedback from customers. Thank you.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Proper Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great, incredibly fresh and tasty sushi and sashimi. The hot meals are also very tasty and satisfying. There can be a slight wait for food when busy, but well worth it for such fresh fish. The service is excellent, friendly and helpful, always happy to offer advice or recommendations. Now my first choice for lunch if I'm in the town centre.

• Visited September 2012

94% Recommend
“Slow, no big wow factor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was quite excited to visit here. Ordered some noodles - for some reason the person after me got their noodles cooked first. And a Edo sushi box. This was ok but price didn't match website. Yes is was interesting to watch it be made but nothing amazing. Portion size just ok.
Noodles tasted good. But again no big wow factor
Will try somewhere else next time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edo S, Owner at Edo Sushi Takeaway, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm sorry to hear your experience didn't meet your expectations at Edo Sushi.

Thank you for your custom, we hope to serve you again in the near future!

Best Wishes,

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent takeaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Here on business, and visited due to good reviews. I am not disappointed. Good food, thick slices of sashimi. The eel rice is good and not too oily. Beautifully presented with some side salad too. It is slightly pricey for a takeaway, but well worth it.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and having chosen us for your meal on a business trip. We're glad you weren't disappointed and look forward to serving you again if your passing by.

Kind Regards,

Tomo
“Beautiful taste of something different.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I found Edo Sushi by accident at a food festival, my experience with Sushi had been limited and hardly tasteful. Then I met the guys and girl who are the forefront of this small, but lovely place.

The fish is always fresh, and stunning cuts. I am prepared to wait for fresh and tasty meals, I love that they make it in front of you, you feel they listen too.

I asked for something not on the menu during a visit, and they accommodated me no questions asked.

The guys that work there are friendly and offer a unique service. The lady that is often at the front, is such a lovely person, and her sushi is to die for!

Overall I have never been to a place like Edo sushi before, and the attention to customer service is on par with the top restaurants our country has. The cooked food is flavoursome too, I'm sure they will expand the menu as people start to find this hidden gem.

It's one of the few places I actually visit and order food without feeling uncomfortable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your in-depth review. We do our best to keep standards of our food high but also to make our customers feel welcome and get to know them. Thanks for stopping by at our Sheffield Food Festival!

Best Wishes,

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, fast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have ordered food for home delivery, numerous times from this place. One of the reasons to choose this place was that it delivered for orders as low as £10. The food has always been at par with any other sit-in sushi restaurant. for both hot food and cold sushi. I have had katsu curries, teriyaki curries, gyozas and assortment of sushi. The hot food have been delivered hot and the cold food fresh and on time. Brilliant value for money. Won't think twice before ordering again when I'm feeling peckins.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello and thank you very much for writing a review after trying many of the food that we offer including both sushi and hot food.

Much appreciated and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,