“Convenient and good staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Sheffield City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shude Hill, Sheffield SI 2AR, England   |
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
London
“Convenient and good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for one night in this hotel. It is clean and modern and the staff are friendly and helpful. The room, facing the street on the 3rd floor, was clean, comfortable and smallish but not cramped and the bed was comfortable. All good, however, the noise from the people on the street below was intrusive as was the traffic noise - the hotel is on a fairly quiet one way street however there is a major roundabout and tram fly over about 500m away. There is a multi storey car park nearby (part of a Travelodge) and costs £5.50 overnight, I think from 1800-0900, and it is secure, well lit and clean. The best part? We only paid £29 and even at £40 or so I think that this offers good value for a city centre location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
H2891, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks for the review and your kind comments about our staff, the replacement of the beds throughout the Ibis hotels has been well received, these were part of our continuous refurbishment programme. We're glad that you found the adjacent public Q Car Park convenient too. I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the near future.
Diane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I needed a hotel near Ponds Forge and the Ibis is all of two minutes walk away! The room was basic but clean and had everything I required including kettle and hair dryer. Pleased to report that the tea and coffee was in plentiful supply, unlike some other hotels! In particular the bed was very comfortable. Very little outside noise despite being in the centre of Sheffield over a weekend. Didn't try breakfast but had dinner which was disappointing. Didn't need a car park as the hotel is only a short walk from the station. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre my team and I are so grateful for your review, we hope you can try our breakfast buffet next time, we find early starting swimmers like our early start too, especially our freshly made porridge! I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

nice trip to the peak district Sheffield good for transport buses and trains. Room good breakfast good value. Convenient for pubs and cafes.

I will be going again next year and ussing IBIS sheffield as base.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
H2891, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, My team and I are so grateful for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Cloughwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Always friendly and clean and easy to get to from anywhere in the city centre. Reasonably priced secure parking nearby and plenty of places to go and eat in the centre. Can sometimes feel like waking up in an Ikea showroom, especiallywith the bathroom 'podule', but a perfectly good hotel for spending the night when in Sheffield.

Room Tip: For some reason it is usually cheaper to buy breakfast when you check in rather than in advance. Wel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I'm very grateful that you could take the time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre and hope to see you again in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything fantastic, as the Ibis is 2 star budget hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room had everything I needed, and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. I thought the hotel was in an ideal location as the tram stop is about a two minute walk away [over the zig-zag bridge] and very close to the city centre for a night out. The only suggestion I'd make would be a few more free view channels, but you can't have everything!

Room Tip: Make sure you check the details for the parking, although cheap you could end up spending more than...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Sheffield City Centre, my team and I are so grateful for your positive comments, we're especially pleased that you liked our new beds and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in may 2012 on an overnight stay to Sheffield, check in hassle free, bar was very good and reasonably priced. double room was very nice and bathroom nice with the walk in shower, having only paid £29 for this hotel....Absoloute bargain. plus only a 2 minute walk from tram stop or a 5-10 minute walk from Train station or sheffield interchange bus depot

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Sheffield City Centre my team and I are so grateful for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Comfortable clean room at a reasonable price.
Choice of bacon sausage beans and scrambled eggs for a hot breakfast. Plus a good selection of cereals,crossiants ,breads,yogurts etc.
We booked the breakfast when we arrived for £5.50 which proved to be good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
H2891, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Many thanks for your positive comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Sheffield City Centre in the future.
Diane

Been to Ibis Sheffield City? Share your experiences!