“Tired & over-rated, so typical of the UK. Stick to the curries.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tired & over-rated, so typical of the UK. Stick to the curries.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Visited on a busy night as they had just released a groupon deal. Sat at a small table for two over-looking a grubby window onto the equally grubby London rd. Handed a bowl of crackers which tasted of nothing in particular whilst we ordered. Had the mixed starter to begin, most of which had appeared to have been re-heated - completely dried out. My partner had the green curry for a main, which was very tasty. I had the stir fried chicken with cashew nut which was disappointingly flat. The desserts are so unremarkable I can't remember what we had or what it tasted like. The service is OK, but the staff have uniforms which look like they have been through the wash a 1000 times. Drinks are expensive - £5 for a bottle of beer. Run-of-the-mill and profit seemingly the only motive for this eatery.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Used to be the best Tom Yum soup in Sheffield, prices have gone up, online menu has changed (for the worse) and standard of food has dropped. Shame.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Almost 5 star!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here using a deal voucher as it appears most people do. We were allowed a mixed starter which comprised of prawn toast, spring rolls, chicken on skewers and prawns. I cannot fault any of the starter it was all very nice.
For mains we could pick any curry or pan fried dish, I had beef massamam curry and my wife opted for a chicken red curry. Both dishes came with rice and again were very nice. The deal also included a desert which you could not choose and was a bowl of ice cream.
I would eat here again, especially if I had a deal voucher.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Thai in sheffield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went here for about the fourth or fifth time the other night. We took friends who had not been before and we used vouchers costing £11/head for a 4 course meal.
Starter was a mixed sharing platter which is always good with friends (sesame toast, spring roll, battered prawn tails etc). This was followed by a soup course. This was VERY salty and quite spicy. Think bovril with chilli! I had seafood soup which had 2 king prawns and something else I couldn't identify floating around in it. My wife had mushroom soup which tasted exactly the same as mine with mushrooms floating in it!. Then came the mains which were consistently as good as always. Mine was Green curry with wonderful depth of flavour and a perfect chilli heat balance (no a lot of chicken but enough). We had steamed & egg fried rice of which there was plenty (We've had sticky rice before so we didn't go there again as it was really sticky then!)
Dessert then came and it was a scoop of ice cream with raspberry sauce and half a floppy waffle tucked at the side, this was followed by coffees.
We did eat everything that was provided and fully enjoyed the experience and atmosphere of the place but the quality of the soup and dessert courses which had been worked on this deal leave something to be desired. I'd much rather pay a couple of quid less and leave them out altogether. As per the previous deals.
I do love this place and want them to do well and I guess these deals make it difficult but that should not let the quality of the food suffer. Stick to starters and mains - That's what they do best and what we would have ordered if we didn't have a voucher.
We still had a good night and will be back again soon hopefully 'cos I can't get enough of that Green Curry - AMAZING.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food at a reasonable price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I didn't know about this restaurant, prior to receiving my daily newsletter from Groupon. Both myself and my partner love Thai food so we thought we would give it a go, as we had read some positive reviews on tripadvisor. We purchased the voucher from Groupon (4 courses for 2 people = £22) and organised to go for the meal on a Saturday night. I was a little dubious as the food voucher was cheap, so was expecting to take a hit with the price of the drinks. I am glad to say, the average drink was £2.75 (glass of wine / bottled beer).

My first impression of the restaurant was that it looked a little tired, though I was more interested in the food. The staff were very friendly and attentive, which was a breath of fresh air. We both ordered a mixed starter, a soup, a main course along with an accompaniment of rice as well as the ice cream for dessert. When the food was brought out we were very impressed with the quality and presentation. The food was second to none; I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates Thai food! I am already waiting for the next Groupon voucher!!

• Visited September 2012