“Great hotel with minor faults” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bournemouth
“Great hotel with minor faults”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

For £60 a night for a triple room, you can't complain. The room had lots of tea and coffee, a hair dryer, plenty of plug sockets and a decent tv. The air con was a life saver and the shower was amazing! It was all very clean as well. The only problem I had was that the beds were so uncomfortable. Each of the 3 nights I barely slept, so this was a huge problem. The breakfast wasn't very nice, but the room was packed full of people and everyone was eating so I must have been a fussy customer. The staff were polite and very friendly. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to people if I needed to.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Modbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here in mid-July for a reunion and was initially pleased with the service at reception and the room itself. Unfortunately, it was the breakfast which let the hotel down. The hot choice was restricted to scrambled eggs, sausages and beans. No bacon, no fried eggs, no mushrooms or hash browns - in short no traditional English breakfast. The juices were from a machine and awful. Other aspects weren't too bad but the overall impression was very underwhelming VFM given that the hotel was not particularly cheap. Shame because it is very located just outside the city centre.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hermann B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, August 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you liked your room and the service you received at reception.

I am sorry that you felt the breakfast did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately the standard for a holiday inn express hot start breakfast is a continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage and beans available as a hot choice.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booked this hotel last minute as a night away for my boyfriends birthday. The location was good a short walk to the city centre, don't get me wrong it seemed to be on the less "glamorous" side of the city however it took less than 10minutes.
The manager in charge Parag Tawade was lovely so friendly and helpful gave us a map of the city and told us where all the local bars and resturants were. The room itself was modern and very clean floor to celling windows with good city views. Would defo recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will also pass on your comments to Parag.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We booked the hotel about 10 minutes before we set off to Sheffield for the weekend and it was quite late when we got there.

Parking was easy and it only cost £5 for the night. We got a bit lost trying to find the reception but not too badly and we were soon checked in!

We were on the first floor and it overlooked the river, it was a beautiful view.

The bed was huge! And it took me about 2 and a half rolls to get to my partner laid on the other side. There was a stain on the carpet next to the bed that didn't look very pleasant (picture to follow).

After arriving I decided to have a quick shower before we went out, the shower was beautiful with black tiles and it was very refreshing! My only concern was the bits of mould that could be seen on the grout... (I have a picture but it isn't very clear!)

We went out for the night and came back and just fell asleep! The next morning we woke up just in time to get ready and check out before 12pm but we missed our free breakfast as we weren't informed of when it would be open in the morning when we checked in :( (spoons is was then!)

My partner informed me just as we left the room that there was a sock under the chair that wasn't ours... It didn't look too cracking and I have no idea how long it had been there!

Other than that, the hotel was a lovely stay! I enjoyed myself and despite the mouldy shower, stained floor and sock under the chair, I would consider coming back again!

Stayed August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.
I am sorry that you were not informed about the breakfast on your arrival, I have spoken with the reception team to ensure that this incident does not happen again.
I can also assure you that the details that you mentioned regarding cleanliness have been addressed.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I booked this last minute on Friday and got a great room that was spacious, comfortable and relaxing.
Cleanliness however was poor, lots of cobwebs and a mouldy old sock under the sofa.
However this didn't ruin the visit. Parking is a fiver, however there is a multi-story next door that charge £2.50. Will stay again, but not at full price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I was pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.
I was disappointed to read that the cleanliness of your room was not of our normal standard and I can assure you that this issue has now been addressed.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit.
Kandivali, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had second stay at holiday inn express in sheffield for long days . First time I've been in September 2013 for 20 days continues we had enjoyed staying bcoz location was superb and staff are fully cooperative , rooms are clean and tidy . So second time we came for 15 days at same hotel everything was fine .. as my son is studying at university of Sheffield and more 4 yrs we are going to be at Sheffield but third time we will not stay at hotel inn express bcoz we disappointed from ihg rewards cards system ...my membership no 908597904 and I have been updated any points for all this stay as per there rules for discount rates ... I had informed my hotel person that I am getting any discount on my stay at holiday inn express. ...at Sheffield.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us.
Unfortunately IHG reward points are not offered on certain rates, however we do offer a best rate guarantee on our rates both on our website and when you book direct with us. Both of which would qualify for IHG reward points.
We hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed as part of a large family group. Both my mom and my aunt had stuff stolen from their room and the staff treated them as if they were the ones that did something wrong. Serious training in how to deal with upset customers is desperately needed!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Jamila D,

Regards,

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre? Share your experiences!