“Fantastic afternoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

What a hidden gem this place is!! Spent a wonderful few hours here with my 8 year old daughter and her friend. The discovery centre is full of wonderful information about the place and surrounding area and the ruins are fabulous to see, and the staff are brilliant The best part being the Turret House. We attended a pottery workshop which was fabulous. The play area and land/walks around Manor Lodge were unexpectedly fantastic, no doubt enhanced by the lovely weather today! Such a tremendous vantage point to view the city in all it's glory. If you haven't been yet - go!!

Visited February 2014

99 attraction reviews
“An underrated attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Sheffield Manor Lodge is a fantastic free attraction just outside the city centre.Although there is not a lot of the ruins left it is a beautiful interesting place to visit.The Turret is in its entirety and on Special open days you can explore it or a nominal fee.The visitor centre is free to visit and very informative with a wide variety of history book to purchase.The views of the castle and its surroundings are spectacular,well worth taking the camera.A must visit

Visited December 2013
7 attraction reviews
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

very good place to vist,lovely ruins and grounds the turret house is a must see,the people who run the place are fantastic

Visited September 2013
15 attraction reviews
“Mary Stuarts Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

when they open and have a open day you get to see inside of lodge ,and they dress in Elizabethen dress.
sometimes have stall and games .

Visited May 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A hidden treasure - great for an uplifting visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went up to Manor Lodge Open Day on Saturday and had the most wonderful two hours or so.

I went on my own as all my grandchildren were busy doing other things but the whole day was delightful. I was so impressed with the glorious meadows the Green Estate and Friends have planted - they looked absolutely beautiful and the sun was shining too. I looked around all the stalls and had a nice enjoyable spend on plants, chocolates, wildlife things etc. All the people manning the stalls (which looked so lovely in their medieval way) were so friendly and helpful. The plant stall just above the Rhubarb Shed was super and the people there so enthusiastic I could have bought every plant in their catalogue! There was a stall with lovely homemade wines to sample and I would have bought a bottle if they had had a licence to sell it. The allotments looked very healthy and well kept and I met a delightful couple there, this gentleman's wife was sitting there with her grandchildren whilst he was pottering a bout on his allotment. They were all so very enthusiastic and jolly. In fact the people I passed along the lovely paths were all smiling and happy looking with their children and grandchildren.

I think I might write to the Sheffield Telegraph about what a nice day one can have if you are on your own and feeling down (well, I wasn't actually down) but it was so uplifting. I could have been anywhere - in the middle of a meadow, at a country fayre or whatever. But each time I visit Manor Lodge I come away with a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Visited June 2013