“I love this quirky place!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Stafford, United Kingdom
“I love this quirky place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Living not far from the old house, i go quite regularly for drinks. The cocktails are to die for (i personally recommend the toblerone, but they are a bit pricey after a few so keep a look out for the deals they do after 5pm for them!) Great selection of beers, Ale and larger. I went for Sunday lunch with my family and was not disappointed i think it is £9ish with a soup starter and a choice of seasonal meat.

You get a large portion and it actually tastes like home cooked food, the potatoes, vegetables and meat were great quality! The only thing i'd say is they don't really have a good size selection of desserts if you still have room. But other than that i love eating and going for a quiet drink here! Service is great too!!

Visited February 2013

87% Recommend
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good place for a variety of occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been in here for drinks at night time before but we decided to take my dad there for fathers day. There is a fantastic selection of drinks if all varieties. The food was really good and we all left stuffed and satisfied! It came to just under £70 for 6 of us eating, 3 drinking alcohol which is pretty reasonable to me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food, staff, drinks and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was introduced to The Old House by a friend a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere was great and the food was of a very high standard for a more than reasonable price.

I liked it so much I returned again this week. We turned up and it was very busy but the staff were really accommodating and we were seated in 5 minutes. The food was delicious again and we had the same waiter who was great.

I'd highly recommend this place for groups or couples and for either food or drink!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“Very enjoyable! And I know what I'm talking about...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Love this place. I won't wax lyrical - just get yourselves along and try it for yourself.

The lamb en croute is to die for!

Love the decor, love the feel, love the ambience, love the food, love the well stocked bar and love the consistency. Love having a post-lunch latte in the window and people watching. :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best place iv been to again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I came on a monday night and it was still again busy for food and i decided on a pie as i loved them at broadfield but it was 2 as good as broadfield i couldnt believe it. I saw one of the chefs and he was so young i couldnt believe they can do such good quility food been that young. I expected the chefs been old with loads of goid experiance. Well reconmend food here will be back again soon.

• Visited April 2013