“weekend break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sheffield

You added Hilton Sheffield to your Saves list
Hilton Sheffield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Victoria Quays | Furnival Road, Sheffield S4 7YA, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Milton keynes, United Kingdom
“weekend break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Situated slightly out of the main town this Hilton is functional rather than luxurious. Accomodation is to a good standard in keeping with the Hilton brand, however expensive drinks and meals detract from the reasonable rack rate. Beware levels of service in both bar and restaurant should your stay fall on a wedding reception when resources are stretched. The use of the indoor pool and spa facilities is allways a welcome bonus when traveling with the family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to see that overall you did enjoy your stay however I am sorry you found the price of food and beverage high.

I am also sorry you found the service slow in the restaurant and bar and your feedback has been addressed with the department managers.

An email has also been sent direct to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed for a business trip for just one night. The staff are really friendly, polite and helpful.

As an HH member I got an upgrade, got a free drink, water and jelly beans in the room.

Dinner was OK and again we were looked after well

The room was quite dated, the lamps were in poor condition. The window was wide open and for a 5th floor shouldn't be opened as the sign said.

The toilet didn't flush properly either

Reported these in the morning and they were jumping on them

Would I stay again? Yes of course

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I would like to apologise however for the issues that you have mentioned but glad to read the staff members noted these immediately.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Bempton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good hotel for business and leisure. Located close to the city centre and has easy access to Sheffield Arena and Meadowhall via the tram. Clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast and dinner very good. Fitness suite/pool/steam/sauna - excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

An email has also been sent direct to you regarding LivingWell and it is unfortunate that the system was out of order on this occasion. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and we are looking to rectify this as soon as possible.

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton to attend the Birthday party of some friends. They had arranged a special North Indian menu, cooked by the in-house chef, which was excellent. We were staying with our children who enjoyed the pool and the Breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantasic review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and an email has also been sent direct to you.

sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at this hotel and it was perfect, well organised with attentive staff, excellent food and service. One of the best meals we have eaten at a large function.

Our room was on the second floor , no disturbance from lifts or other guests and we slept really well in the comfortable beds
The room was clean and well equiped (missing bickies on the amenity tray though, which should be standard in this grade of hotel).

Unfortunately the next morning proved a disappointment at breakfast , forgotten tea and coffee, no cereal dishes, no milk, no brown sauce, we spent the whole session either asking for something or waiting for something.
The quality of the breakfast was very good when we finally managed to obtain it.
Admittedly the restaurant was busy but it was well staffed, they just seemed uncoordinated, we asked 3 different waiting staff for tea and it took 25mins to arrive.

The difference between the wedding reception and the next mornings service was poles apart, we don't know why .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for review on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay for a Wedding and your great feedback regarding the food and service has been shared with the team.

I would like to apologise however for poor service that you received in breakfast the following morning. Please be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards and your feedback has been addressed with the Restaurant Manager.

We look forward to seeing you at the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Burton Upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

used this hotel as short family break as we had visited meadowhall shopping mall & this hotel had a swimming pool for our girls. staff extremely helpful & pleasant. buffet breakfast had good choice although the hot food could have done with being hotter. rooms good especially ones with a balcony.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

South Elmsall, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Well for the 1st time in my life have to put my point across on how disappointed I was with my night at the Hilton Sheffield. Normally I stop at some of the lower grade hotel chains and all is great so maybe I was expecting too much from a hotel that had Hilton in its name. We stopped over on Saturday the 1st June and stopped in room 222. After getting back to the hotel at 11pm we went to the bar for a night cap. This we ended up cutting short due to children being left to their own devises running and screaming around the bar. So up to the room for 11:30 only to still be able to hear the music at full belt from the evening’s event happening below. This went on till 1am. Then all went quite Oh No. Doors banging people waiting outside for taxis shouting and carrying on. There seemed to be no intervention by hotel staff asking to keep the noise down. Finally all went quite at about 2:30am. Then next morning when I was checking out and I was going to say something after handing in my room key all I got from the lady at the desk was this will get you out of the car park. Nothing more at this point I had to walk away as would have let rip if I had said something. I cannot believe I was not even asked the question did you enjoy your stay? As you can see I have left this feedback until a day after to calm down 1st. HILTON you have got it all wrong.

Room Tip: Never stop in room 222 it is right next to the lift and is above the function room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am sorry that children in the bar caused a disturbance and you found it necessary to return back to your room. The bar is a public bar that can be used by all guests however the team will always address any inappropriate behaviour to the best of their ability.

I would also like to apologise for the noise that you experienced and once again the staff members will endeavour to control any noise complaints and guests leaving the hotel. I am sorry if this was not the case on this occasion and re training will be implemented with the team.

The receptionist certainly should also have asked upon check out how your stay had been and I have addressed this with the Front Office Manager.

I am sorry that your stay was marred in such a way and if you would like to discuss any of these issues direct with me I would be more than happy to discuss this further, my email address is james.ryan@hilton.com

Deputy Manager

Been to Hilton Sheffield? Share your experiences!