“Early morning wake up by Housekeeping!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sheffield

You added Hilton Sheffield to your Saves list
Hilton Sheffield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Victoria Quays | Furnival Road, Sheffield S4 7YA, England   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Early morning wake up by Housekeeping!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for my husband and I and another for our teenage children using my Hilton rewards points as a base for a family trip and visit to Meadowhall. We were only able to reserve double rooms so on check-in we requested one was changed to a twin. Reception was very helpful and managed to find a couple of rooms on the same floor. However due to this change I don't think housekeeping were updated as they entered the kids room at 9:30 the next morning while they were still asleep - they were rather startled by this unexpected intrusion. Check out was not until 12:00 and I was rather disappointed by this as this was the first time they had stayed by themselves. I will be reminding them again to lock the door.
Other than that the rooms were nice ( inc chocs and wine :) in ours) and the evening meal pleasant. We did not stay for breakfast as £40 for a family of four is just too much these days.
The kids did enjoy the ability to have unlimited hot showers without the hot water running out!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was glad to read that Reception were able to allocate the rooms that you had requested however I am sorry that the Housekeeping team entered your Children’s room causing them to be concerned. As discussed in an email that I have also sent direct to you this is not our usual process and the Head Housekeeper is investigating why this happened. An additional bolt and do not disturb signs can be used to stop the Housekeeping department from entering any room.

Your great feedback regarding the rest of your stay has also been noted.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this hotel, it is part of the Hilton brand and so I get my HHonors benefits. They are really friendly and the rates are cheap. Perhaps not the most central but the location is okay and really quiet rooms.

Love it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback on this website.

I was glad to read that you always enjoy your Hilton Hhonors benefits and find the staff members really friendly.

Belper, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed as a party of 15 for my friends hen do and really enjoyed our stay. We had ease booking/liaising with hotel to ensure we had the right rooms and payment was made etc. They had upgraded the bride to be to a duluxe room qirh view of the quayside and balcony plus wine and snacks and balloons, all feee of charge. Rooms were clean, modern and staff were happy to help with any request, including opening the bar for hot chocolate after our night out. As you can tell, we werent drunk and rolling home at the wee hrs of the morning but unfortunately both fri and Saturday night there were other guests keeping us awake until 3am playing music and making lots of noise. The pool was lovely and even though there wasnt availability at the spa we enjoyed the steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and pool for the afternoon. Breakfast was a highlight, buffet style with so much choice. We had snacks in the bar and room service-both were fine. I would like to thank the hotel for a great weekend and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay for your friend’s Hen Do.

It was such a pleasure to read that the booking process was of ease and you enjoyed the rooms plus extras for your celebrations.

Your great feedback regarding attentive staff and breakfast has also been noted and shared with the team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for a future occasion.

Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just arrived back from the Hilton, Sheffield. Hotel is easy to find and is in a lovely location for the city.Has ample parking. Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We had a beautiful large room overlooking the canal. Very clean with a large bathroom. Breakfast was delicious, everything you could ever want again with helpful staff. Would definately stay again. Did not get a chance to use pool but I am sure it wold have been worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I was delighted to read that you found the location ideal and the staff members friendly. Your great feedback regarding breakfast and bedrooms have also been noted and shared with both departments.

Penrith, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Unfortunately we needed to be in Sheffield on my daughters 18th for a uni visit the next day. Advised the hotel of this when we booked to ensure we had nice rooms together overlooking Quays.
Rooms were overlooking Quays but disappointing, tired decor, ours stank of cleaning fluid, daughters did not, opened window to get rid of smell and room never warmed up after that but it was preferable to the smell.
Glad I hadn't told my daughter they were going to "arrange some little extras" for her as there was nothing.
Having stayed before we were looking forward to the pool but being half term it was swamped with kids, no room for swimming or sauna and everything was also tired.
Stayed in to eat, wish we had gone out. Staff were trying their best to avoid customers trying to get their attention. Table behind us were complaining when we arrived and we soon had reason to complain ourselves. Two rare steaks arrived well done and dry, no one came to ask if everything was OK and no one was around to speak to so didn't make a fuss just ate, had it of been my daughters meal I would have complained rather than eaten it. We did say something when our plates were collected but by the reaction of "please have a dessert free but not the platter, you can have this at 50% discount" it is obviously a common problem and that is the standard reply.
My daughter fancied a cocktail for her birthday so she was going through the list with a barman the other barman came along and quite rudely said he needed the list because he had orders, as she was rushed she ended up with something that she didn't really want which was a shame.

Breakfast was the best part of the stay but goodness knows how many plates I went through to find a clean one, how hard is it to check white plates to see if they are dirty before putting out for guests, could try cleaning the filter on the dishwasher.

And finally the bill, we had booked dinner, bed & breakfast and the room rate and description was clearly printed on the bill so I can only assume bills are not looked at before handing out as our bill had dinner added on again so they were expecting another £130 and wondered why we were not keen on paying.
Overpriced food and rooms, hope my daughter chooses another university or we will need to find an alternative hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am sorry that you found the rooms in need of decor and also for the strong smell that you experienced. We are always trying to improve the standards of our bedrooms and your comments regarding the smell has been passed onto the Head Housekeeper.

After checking both reservations unfortunately we were unaware that it was your Daughter’s 18th. I am unsure why we did not receive this information and we would of course have endeavoured to arrange something for your Daughter if we had been made aware.

Your comments regarding your meal and service in the Restaurant have also been noted and I would like to apologise for your evening being marred in such a way. Your comments have been discussed with both the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager together with your feedback regarding the service that you received from the Bar. This is not the usual level of service that we provide and re training will be implemented within both departments.

In addition there is no excuse for the plates to be dirty at breakfast and also for your bill being incorrect. Both shortfalls have been addressed with both department managers.

Once again my sincere apologies and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very friendly staff. Spacious room and bathroom. Comfortable beds. Great breakfast buffet. Great pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna area. A 10 or 15 minute walk into town depending how fast you walk.
A little more expensive than other nearby hotels but worth the extra money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on Trip Advisor.

girvan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

You think "Hilton" you think quality, wrong, this was a second rate hotel which should have charged second rate ......rates! The room was small and pokey, the carpet was disgusting, the bathroom was grotty, needed re - sealing every where!
Yes the Breakfast was fabulous, so why let them selves down else ware, they had the floor up in the entrance when we went which caused havoc for a wheelchair customer, who couldn't get out, the adhesive they were using was left for several hours with the lid off so the whole place stunk to high heaven, i think that was the only reason the staff were smiling. We went out in to the city centre and the glue was still sat in the same place when we came back, so no exaggeration there truly! We had gone to see Nickle back & Dautry in concert the night before, and saw them leave the Hotel to go to the venue, how disappointing for them, as they were on the same level as us, and the room service staff couldn't stop giving details about them, so no privacy or hiding which room they were in then......i'm sure the Hotel promotes that?
I have stayed at several other Hilton hotels, this was the worst so far, try the cheaper option

Room Tip: No comment just go somewhere else!