“Would book this everytime!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sheffield

You added Hilton Sheffield to your Saves list
Hilton Sheffield
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Victoria Quays | Furnival Road, Sheffield S4 7YA, England   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #29 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Would book this everytime!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I travel to Sheffield alot for work and where possible I always stay here. Having stayed at a few other (The Mercure, the Copthorne, and The Park Inn) The Hilton isn't perhaps as plush as you might expect and in some areas does look quite dated. But the food is great, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and generally clean. If you get a room at the back of the hotel you get a fantastic view of Victoria Quays and the car park is fairly secure. It's also a good location for the city centre and the motorway. But the staff at this hotel are fantastic, and it's the reason I go back every time. Some even working 14 hour days and still pleasant, friendly, and will bend over backwards for you. Have stayed here many times, and would strongly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and its great to see that you always enjoy staying at the Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry that you find some of the hotel areas dated but I am delighted to read that you find the food great and rooms comfortable and clean.

It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback regarding the staff members who are always helpful and friendly, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Was a great place to stay. Leisure complex was fantastic with great facilities. We took advantange of the Spring offer which was great value for money, with the dinner and breakfast, could not fault it.
The only down side was that we could hear the people in the next room really clearly, as our bedroom had a inter-connecting door.
Would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, March 30, 2011

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was thrilled to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us especially the use of the leisure facilities. I was also pleased to read that you experienced good value for money.

I am sorry that you experienced noise from other guests however I am glad that this did not impact on your stay too much and that you would like to return to us in the future.

Congleton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel was a disappointment. On the plus side, the bar, restaurant and reception area are well presented, and all the staff are friendly.

On the minus side, the hotel is tired and out-dated. Our room was really noisy (it was near the lifts), there was mold in the bathroom, the extractor fan didn't work, the door lock didn't work, breakfast was lousy (after the 3rd attempt to get a cup of coffee that wasn't watered down, we gave up, and the quality of the ingredients was below par) and the hotel is poorly-located, away from the attractions of Sheffield.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, March 25, 2011

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

It was great to hear that you found the bar, restaurant and reception areas well presented and the staff friendly.

However I am sorry that you felt the hotel was looking out dated and you also experienced some problems in the bedroom. Your comments have been passed onto the Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager in order for these issues to be addresses immediately.

I have also taken on board your thoughts regarding the poor standard of Breakfast and have asked my Restaurant Manager to review the coffee provision. We normally get good feedback on the quality and great variety of our breakfasts and have recently introduced some new items such as freshly made Waffles.

The location of the Hotel is a few minutes walk from the City Centre yet we have the Quayside on our doorstep.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Farnham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed here many years ago shortly after it opened and I'm not sure either the public room decor or the rooms have changed since then. It is functional but very dated. The bar area had battered chairs and the room furniture had seen better days. Staff were friendly and helpful and the bar food was good. I paid a walk up rate as my preferred alternatives were full. At £135 a night, there is better value and smarter accommodation in Sheffield.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, March 25, 2011

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel was looking tired and dated especially after the public areas and 90% of our bedrooms have been refurbished since the hotel opened.

I was happy to see however that you did find the staff friendly and the bar food good; thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Food and Beverage Department.

I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Got a fantastic weekend deal (for a Sunday night) direct from their website and couldn't believe the level of quality I was getting for my money. The staff were all very professional and are a credit to the brand. The room was spacious, the bed unbelievably comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. The sound-proofing is not very good so I am not so sure I would enjoy it if a rowdy crowd were staying. But other than that I would highly recommend this hotel. I'll certainly be checking the Hiltons wherever I go in future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield and that you experienced good value for money.

I was delighted to read that you thought the staff are a credit to the Hilton Brand and your comments have been shared.

I was sorry to see however that you did experience noise problems during your stay and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Stayed here with my partner, we managed to get an excellent rate for the evening which meant it was cheaper than the Premier Inn.

The staff were excellent and attentive, and the breakfast was brilliant. The room was spotless and functional.

However.......

Having stayed in other Hilton hotels, I was disappointed with the dated feel of the room. It is years out of date. Nothing special, reminded me of a B&B rather than the Hilton. THe curtains had a floral design that my Grandmother would be proud of!

In summary, for the rate we paid I would recommend but there is no way I would pay over £60-£70 to stay here. It's functional, but nothing special.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Adviser.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield from the staff, to the brilliant breakfast and spotless room.

I was disappointed to read however that you thought the décor of the room was outdated. The majority of our bedrooms have been fully refurbished and we are looking into refurbish the remaining bedrooms in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back soon.

Manchester England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Warm welcome and a good and spacious room. Location is a not right in the centre of the city and no restaurants or bars in the immediate vicinity. Dinner was good, well prepared and presented with very friendly staff-but not cheap but without any real competition we didnt have much option but to eat in. The Costa Coffee shop was a nice facility and maybe a better bet for breakfast if you dont want the "full English" Again friendly staff. In summary nothing exceptional but everything worked the staff were friendly and efficient and the location is OK with on site (payable) parking so was very good value for money and we are already booked to return when we next have business in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was happy to see that you received a warm welcome upon your arrival to the Hilton Sheffield and that you also found dinner to be good and well presented.

Your comments regarding the waiting staff have been noted and shared with the team.

I am delighted that you will be returning to us and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Sheffield? Share your experiences!