“Expensive with a cold breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Sheffield
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Expensive with a cold breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

At £95 b+b I thought this hotel was quite expensive.However when I opted for breakfast in the room at a tray charge of £6 I thought I would just enjoy the stay.When the breakfast turned up It was not even warm.I complained to reception at checkout and told them I would not pay the tray charge.But I did think they would remove the overall breakfast charge.this did not happen.As a business traveller I would never stay at this hotel again due to the high cost and poor food quality.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay. I am sorry to learn that on this occasion you had reason to comment and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. There are no excuses for the lapse in standards you experienced with your room service breakfast and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result. I would like to rectify this situation by way of a gesture of goodwill and hope you will contact me direct. The Hotel does apply a tray charge for room service orders and for breakfast this is £3 per room so it equally appears an error has been made. I apologise that our team did not take the opportunity to rectify this situation when mentioned on check out. I believe your experience to be most untypical for our usual high standards of service and hope that you perhaps would stay with us again in the future.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Abingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Booked the hotel direct from its own website and it was very resonably priced. Disappointed on arrival as we had booked a double room and got twin room instead. Cushions in room were grubby but the rest of it was nice and clean.
Breakfast was good and they do Quorn sausages, so not too bad for vegetarians.
Fan or lift or something made a weird humming noise for a while late in the evening - irritating.
Free access to jacuzzi and swimming pool was great although on the Sat morning half the swimming pool was taken up by children having swimming lessons, bit noisy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am genuinely sorry to hear that despite booking a double room this room type was not allocated to you on arrival. I have noted your comment regarding the cushions and have already spoken to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this is addressed. I am unsure as to what the humming noise could have been and appreciate it if you could let me know, by email, the room number thus allowing us to investigate the matter, With regards to our swimming pool it appears that the youngsters had fun learning and on this occasion were a bit loud! Please accept my apologies for this. On the whole though I am pleased you found your stay to be good value for money and that you would recommend our Hotel to friends. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

east yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights this weekend for a restful weekend prior to starting a busy week of night shift. Unfortunately found it impossible to sleep due to some noise in/in the vacinity of the room which sounded like a fan or a boiler and which went on all night long. Instead of coming home well rested I am exhausted. Receptionist seemed disbelieving when I informed her of the problem I had experienced.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Many thanks for reviewing our Hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry to learn that you had problems sleeping and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. I am keen to establish the exact cause of the problem and hope you will contact me with specific details such as the room in question allowing us to investigate the matter and take corrective action. I am uncertain as to whether you mentioned and highlighted the problem during your stay as this would have allowed the Hotel an opportunity to move you to an alternative room. Whilst not ideal it would at the least you a comfortable second night. I look forward to hearing from you and can assure you that the Hotel will go some way in restoring your faith.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

19 of us for 60ish to 2 yrs old. Rooms very comfortable. Evening meal and service excellent. Leisure centre small but very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you found our Hotel to be providing excellent facilities at a reasoanble price and that you would recommend our Hotel to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

sheffield uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed for business when the Copthorne was full, the rooms were ok , although bathroom tiny with a fan that ran ALL NIGHT. Bed was 2 pushed together with a gap so uncomfortable, tv useless no satellite and bad reception. Breakfast "ok" although not hot and we had to wait for coffee, waitress pleasant but smelt heavily of garlic which was rather offputting.Staff were insulting to my husband when he walked our dogs in the grounds( we had asked if it was ok to do so).Said "Do you know this is a 4 star hotel" felt like replying " No we thought it was 0 star if you are anything to go by!" but of course we were too polite to do so. Amazingly the internet was switched off at 8pm !!After that it was charged for .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Thank you for also reviewing our Hotel after having reviewed two other Sheffield hotels over the past twelve months. I am sorry to hear that, despite being a loyal guest, your usual Hotel could not accommodate your booking. I am pleased that our Hotel had the opportunity to welcome you and provide accommodation for you in these circumstances. I am genuinely sorry you had reason to comment and found your stay to be unsatisfactory. It appears our Hotel had some benefits though over the two other Hotels you have reviewed by way of having heating, by way of having easy access to and from the car park, by way of having no exceptions with our reception staff, by way of having a gym that is open and fantastic, by way of not having squeaky manholes outside and finally by way of having easy to operate air conditioning controls. I appreciate and have noted your other comments and will address these and am sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result. I would like to clarify that internet access is free between 8am and 8pm as advertised within our hotel and on our literature and does not get turned off and is available for use by business and leisure guests alike seven days a week. Our Hotel, like most other Hotels, does not allow dogs on the premises (other than guide dogs). I am sorry that this left you with no choice but to leave your dog in the car and hope that the booking agent at Superbreaks made you aware of our policy before making a booking for you. Naturally, the Hotel would have welcomed an opportunity to rectify things at the time but at this late stage I can only offer you my most sincere apologies.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

stayed here. as had an appt at a nearby hosp. traveled from kent so was tired when we arrived. no fussy parking, good bar service. their was a funeral party going on , but was still greeted wiyh a smile. bar served excellent coffee. and was comfortable. aftere re turning from my appt. we had evening meal. very nice and reasonable. then sat in bar for an hr. the rooms were very clean . and modern. wished i.d brought my laptop.. went to bed around 10pm. with all intentoins of going for a swim befor breakfast in the spa. didnt achieve that as we didnt wake up til 9.30 and that was my daughter ringing my mobile. . couldnt believe i.d slept that long. fantastic nights sleep. and im an insomniac. rushed down to breakfast. and was amazed at the variety and quality. and again the friendly service. will with out any dout use this hotel again. and highly recommended. thank you s.p,h,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time with us and that, following your experience, you would stay with us again and would recommend our Hotel to friends. Comments such as yours are a great source of motivation to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

The Sheffield Park Hotel exceeded expectations. We had booked in for just one night - a Saturday - on a package that seemed a good deal, and purely on value the place cannot be faulted. A really nice room - comfortable and quite stylish; a generous dinner offer as part of the package; a good night's sleep; and an ample breakfast. We could have used the pool but opted to go into the city instead. The whole hotel is of a very good standard. What set it apart, though, was the feel-good atmosphere that seems to be a product of really nice staff and a lot of happy customers. The staff came across as genuinely attentive and caring, which makes guests feel welcome and at home. The hotel must be doing something right as it was surprisingly busy and the restaurant was certainly buzzing. That's not to say that everything was perfect in efficiency terms (in the evening, the waiting team in the restaurant seemed to be balanced at times on the edge of dis-organisation) but that was actually rather entertaining. The food was good, too. The fact that at breakfast one of the staff in the servery asked my wife and a total stranger (who just happened to be next in line for the eggs) if "they'd had a good night" just added to the general merriment. This hotel really deserves to do well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay on one of our packages on offer, all of which indeed represent outstanding value for money! I have noted your comment regarding the efficiency in our Restaurant and will address this. I was pleased that you viewed your experience as a whole and that on the whole you had a great time and experienced the genuine approach and warmth of our staff. We do want to do well and do hope you will come back to our Hotel in the future.

Ivar van Diepen

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park? Share your experiences!