“An entertaining night!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 254 things to do in Sheffield
South Yorkshire
“An entertaining night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here for a night out in Sheffield and I hadn't really any preconceived ideas about it.

The drinks were cheap for city centre, snack foods available but we didn't sample them and the comedians were an eclectic bunch.

The comedy was quite crude and wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but we enjoyed the evening. Will definitely have a return visit.

No problem with door staff, think this is more a problem with large 'chatty' groups.

Visited April 2013

Hamburg, Germany
9 attraction reviews
“great atmosphere, lousy draught beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

went there with 3 friends, get a table close to the wall. Tables and seats arrangement was very nice i think, as we had our space and not too close to other tables.
Ordered some fingerfoods which were not exceptional but not bad as well. My friends bought beer in jars, and they are seriously bad, flat and warm. In the end we had to bought beers from bottles and wasted 2 jars of beers. :(

Visited December 2012
14 attraction reviews
“Horrible, intimidating, patrolling bouncers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

On a works night out recently we went to the Last Laugh Comedy. I'd suggested it as I've been to the Lescar several times to the Comedy and had had a lovely time: Real therapy to laugh and laugh and see a variety of skilled comedians. What a joke the City Hall was. We ordered some food, which was vile and then when the acts came on, the bouncers patrolled the floor telling people if they talked they'd be thrown out, myself included. At first I thought they were joking, and then when I'd been given the evil eye several times by bouncers standing behind our group, we ended up sitting in silence. It totally ruined my evening, feeling constrained and unable to speak. I wish I'd had the courage to walk out... but as I'd help organise the works night out, felt obliged to sit through it. Would definitely never go back and would not recommend.

Visited February 2013
Yorkshire
33 attraction reviews
“Just a different night ou”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went as part of a group of 10 and overall enjoyed the night. The room is compact but some may say intimate? The bar was about what you would expect price wise and pitchers seemed to be the best deal.
The food was appalling and I guess the hope is you are so drunk you have the munchies and will eat anything!
The acts were across the board good to bad. I enjoyed the female compare but some of the ladies in our group felt she had a potty mouth...lol
I said what do you expect at a comedy club, live entertainment and a cheeky presentation is to be expected.
Would I go again? Maybe but not for a while....

Visited December 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“door staff were excessive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

So a large number of colleagues and I went here for our xmas do, now we work for nhs so although we were out to have a good time we were by no means being overly rowdy or causing trouble.
During the first act my colleague (who granted does have a loud laugh) was identified by the act on stage that resulted in a small amount of heckleing and banter, which to be fair was initiated by the act on stage. At this point a member of the door staff approached the table and advised her (in an intimidating manner) 'shut up or you will be dragged out' then proceeded to stare at us making my colleague so uncomfortable she was almost in tears.

I approached this member of staff away from my colleagues (I wasnt being drunk or arrogant) and advised him I thought this comment was not really proportionate and came accross rather intimidating, I acknowledged he had a job to do but politely asked for him to stop staring at us in an intimidating manner, at this point he squared up to me backing me against a wall and stated ' im not being intimidating and if you dont like it get you r stuff and f**k off' I adentified to him that he was being intimidating in both his physical presentation and use of confrontational language, he continued to be rude so I politey asked to speak to his superior.

The events coordinator who I then spoke to was very dismissive and advised I needed to make my complaint formal in writing, however when I asked for contact details of where to send my complaint I was advised 'its on the website' then she walked away. At this point both my colleague an d I were so frustrated and upset we left the venue having only seen one act.
Three of my other colleagues were apparently approached later in the show and advised to shut up or leave...for laughing too loudly...its a comedy club for goodness sake, is that not the point?

Needless to say I never received s reply to my written complaint, wont ne going again!

Visited November 2012