“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 1,042 restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Authentic, home-made Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine. Bring your own wine and beer 7 days a week. Corkage £2 per bottle (wine), £1 per bottle/can (beer). Upstairs private function room available free of charge for catered special occasions: birthdays, leaving dos, wedding receptions, etc. Pianist every Friday and Saturday evening and selected Sunday lunch1.30pm - 4pm. Buffets from £10pp. Set Party menu and Moroccan Party menu - 3 courses and tea/coffee for £23.50pp. Combine with bring your own wine and beer for a slap-up meal still within budget!
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have visited Ottos many times over the past few years! The food is always good and BYO wine always helps the bank balance (there is a off licence directly across the road). I nearly always have a steak and they are to die for and are always cooked how I like them. The magician is amazing and never ceases to amaze us. Otto and Theresa are always very welcoming and the staff are great too!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Rotherham
“Lovely food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

A vegan acquaintance organised a group meal for vegans at Otto's. We had a choice in advance of 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts. The food was very tasty and well presented and there was plenty of it. Shamefully we had to waste some although a couple of people took doggie bags home with them. The restaurant is larger than I expected and there is a large room upstairs where we were seated and which took the overspill from the ground floor, all tables in use by the time we left. The meal was good value and the service good, obliging and friendly. The only thing that caused me concern was the state of the soup bowls which were badly chipped round the rims. Fortunately, I didn't have soup but would otherwise have been concerned about eating out of such a bowl.. I really have health concerns about eating from chipped and cracked crockery. The premises is not licensed so diners may take their own alcohol for which there is a corkage charge.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“A good night,with small room for improvement?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I like Otto, he is a class act as the owner and at the front of house.It says something when he is not there the atmosphere (but not the food) loses something.
My wife and I have been going to to the Mediterranean ( his other place) for years and it is a great eat either at lunchtime or evening.We were late starters at Otto's only going about 2 years ago and it is a very good addition to his portfolio of restaurants, especially if you like North African cuisine.
We went on a Friday and were disappointed that Otto was not there but nonetheless the service was excellent.
I don't drink ( I know it's my problem) but there always appears to be a disappointment on the part of the waiting staff if they can't sell me some wine.Other than that everything else was very good,lamb meatballs,tomato salad,a spicy soup followed by mains of 2 types of tagines,Moroccan chicken and a delicious steak. A side dish of carrots new potatoes and broccoli was excellent.
A slight problem was this left no room for puddings.Coffee was nothing special,although we were offered a range , so maybe we chose wrongly. Total cost for 4 with tip ( but no wine!) was £80
We had a really pleasant evening supported by a good an unobtrusive piano accompaniment.
One slight point, please get some bigger tables ! They are not big enough for those of us with a larger girth !!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A brilliant night !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Went as part of a large party for a friends birthday and were given the upstairs area. The atmosphere was great and the service excellent , made to feel very welcome and nothing too much trouble . Me and my partner both had steaks that were cooked to absolute perfection and I tried the taghine which also tasted amazing . Bring your own on alcohol is also fantastic with the shop just over the road! They even had the pianist play happy birthday for our friend . All in all a fantastic evening and will Definately be back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shipston on Stour, United Kingdom
“BYO is really good bang opposite a brilliant winestore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

i came here once for a christmas work do and we ate from the christmas menu which was more meditteranean than moroccan. my choices of food were good, perfect starter and a well cooked sea bass on lentils for my main, i suspect my dessert was bought in, bland and boring. the highlight was the fact we could BYO, the wines were drunk fast that we had brought, but the wine store over the road had a fab choice at good prices. the meal was average priced and i think average over all, but the moroccan food when we came again was the dogs ......yummy. id come again for sure

• Visited December 2012