“Outstanding for 10 years” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Outstanding for 10 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been going to La Terrazza for over 10 years and it never disappoints. Firstly Pasquale and now his son Mario run a truly outstanding restaurant. Great changing menu, specials focused on local fresh dishes (usually amazing fish) and a great atmosphere.

Yes, it can be a little cramped but doesn't that tell you something? If the worst you can say is it was too busy....I think thats praise enough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“good food but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had a lovely night with 4 friends, food and service excellent, but busy and noisy, our table was a bit squashed in, this place is almost too popular!
Evening marred by 'mistake' on bill which I happened to check, like many people I don't usually but it seemed a bit o,t,t, extra wine at 14 pounds a bottle was charged for, oh dear.
Been before and will go again but will check the bill in all restaurants in future....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“fantastic evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went here Friday evening and it was busy with a lovely atmosphere. The restaurant is lovely and clean with nice romantic lighting. The service was spot on, attentive but not pushy. I had crespelle which was very nice and my partner had steak diane which was lovely. The desserts were also very good. Im already looking forward to going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overstretched”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We booked late and were lucky to get the last table - as long as we were finished by 9pm - a good start.
Arrived just after 7pm and were seated immediately - the place was packed and my wife's chair was positioned across the main route to the kitchen which did cause some inconvenience to other diners.
Throughout the evening the service was friendly but not particularly attentive - I think they need another pair of hands to cover.
The starter of salmon and prawn was very good.
They happily accommodated a change of potato to one of the sea bass mains, the course was fine but not exceptional.
At 8:40pm we were asked if we wanted dessert and coffee - which we said yes to, however due the restaurant being busy and the constant rearranging of tables it took us until 8:55pm before we could order - it was therefore disappointing to have the bill plonked on the table as a bit of a hurry up whilst we were still eating. If the order had been taken promptly we would have been finished on time. The trio of desserts we both had was a little disappointing - although we agreed the Tiramisu was excellent.
Overall we think the experience was average but on another evening it could be very good. We would certainly return to see if it's better on a quieter evening, as the other reviews seem to indicate we may have just been unlucky.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Average ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited this restaurant around Christmas time. The experience was okay, but nothing much more than that.

It was a busy evening, and the service was a bit slow to start - we waited about 10 minutes or so for our drinks to arrive. The tables had been arranged incredibly close together and it felt a bit uncomfortable at times being very nearly within touching distance with the adjacent tables. Food-wise, I had a pizza and my girlfriend the risotto. The pizza was very nice and reasonably priced for what it was. The risotto (which I tasted) was quite unpleasant and over cooked.

Overall the experience was okay, but nothing particularly stood out food and service-wise. On the plus side, the place is very busy and so has a good atmosphere. I would give it a try but personally won't be rushing back.