“2.5 hours for delivery, then the order was wrong when it arrived” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“2.5 hours for delivery, then the order was wrong when it arrived”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ordered at approx 6:30pm, Meal arrived at 9:00pm. Takeaway telephoned us at 8pm to say that the order was ready and they were waiting for a delivery driver to come back to the shop to bring it.

This meant that our food was sat around for an hour before it got to us. Aparantly though, because it's in stainless steel containers that would keep it hot. Our food arrived stone cold and the order was incorrect. I telephoned to complain, I said the food was cold, I was advised by the staff to warm it up in the microwave. I asked why the order was wrong, especially as it had been sat waiting to be delivered for an hour, the take away said it was human error.

They didn't seem to understand my frustration when pointing out that an order that was cooked, then sat around for an hour was still wrong.

I ended up getting a refund in the end. Very unimpressed and will never be ordering again. Poor delivery times, poor customer service. Shame as the food wasn't to bad except despite it not been what I actually ordered.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“whats with the very excessive salt ???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

tried it for first time and not that impressed..food quite highly coloured and soooooo salty we felt as though the inside of our mouths were being stripped
surely a good chef can make food tasty and spicy without the excessive use of the salt !!!!
wont be trying it again...and it was very expensve compared to other takeways in the area just not worth it at all

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“They ripped me off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Online order placed at 8.30, email recieved at 9.05 stating delivery time would be 10.30pm.
Decided 2 hour turnaround time was too long. Placed order with Rajput instead and phoned Cafe Masala at 9.10 to cancel order.

I wasnt allowed to cancel as food was on counter awaiting delivery. I stated it was too late. I had placed an order elsewhere, based on the info they provided stating I still had 1hr 20min left to wait. When I said I no longer required the food and wanted a refund the man on the phone became aggresive before hanging up.

Just checked my statement and as yet I have recieved no refund (paid online) and no food either. All I got for my money was shouted at down the phone.

I am aware this place has many positve reviews and based my order upon them, however this was my first and last taste of Cafe Masala.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Food is lovely. Fresh and full of flavour. Our favourite is the kalia. If you can ollect you get a discount so living round the corner is a real benefit. Not sure if they do remember us but they always act as though they do, which is a nice touch, or says I'm there too often!

“Good curry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend & I often get a takeaway from here, the curries are all tasty! I always find it hard to choose.. Chicken tika massala is good, but only if you like it mild & creamy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere