“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eating out that's anything but ordinary. We bring a touch of French sparkle to everyday dining in Sheffield - join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner, as well as special event evenings each month.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been here twice for a work lunch. Both times I was very impressed with the food and it was very nicely cooked without too long a wait. It was quite quiet at lunch time so not much atmosphere, but I would think in the evening it would be much busier. I'd definitely go back as we all had a lovely time.

Visited November 2012
Julien A, Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a lovely and honest review. I am so pleased that you would return to us again as you enjoyed the food during the visit, and the pace you were served. We hope to see you again soon!

south yorkshire
“Quality food with friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went here on the way to a confer, tea time special and was very pleased with both the food and service. I had scallops and the wife pate both tasty although they did forget the onion relish. Main I had haddock and the wife beef both again very tasty. Apparently the veg was nice, I don't eat it but the dauphine nous potatoes were excellent. All the staff were very friendly and service was perfect.

Julien A, Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you very much fro taking the time to provide us with some feedback. It really means a lot to us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your food and found the service to be good also. This is really what we aim to achieve.

I hope that we will see you again soon!

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Great value & good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited here a few weeks ago for a belated birthday meal. Place was busy (Sunday lunchtime), and the greeting was warm and friendly and we were seated immediately. The menu is a good combination of dishes (although they had already run out of some dishes despite us eating at 1 oclock), together with an interesting selection of (French) wine. Service was quick, food well presented, tasty and with good flavours. Overall a very pleasant meal, nice surroundings and friendly staff - recommended

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us. It really means a great deal to us. I would like to apologise for some of the items on the menu being unavailable, this is an issue that we are really striving to prevent. I am pleased however, that you enjoyed the food and the service, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing second visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Sunday in August and had an excellent meal, so we booked for 7 for my son's 19th birthday. Unfortunately our second visit was not so good. Our table was booked for 2pm, we were told they had run out of Sunday lunch as soon as we arrived. We ordered drinks which arrived at different times, and we had to request one drink several times. We ordered appetisers and were told we needed to wait for our bread, as it was being baked, but at least would be hot. When it arrived, it was frozen in the middle, we sent it back and it was returned, torn into pieces and chewy-clearly microwaved. I asked for a vegetarian main and was initially told they had run out, I was offered mullet instead, however I was actually served mackerel. When t came to dessert, both the creme brûlée and bread and butter pudding had sold out. Also I forgot to say, I ordered a starter of Roquefort salad, on which 2 of the 4 ingredients were missing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
marylise74, Director of Sales at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Corrine,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I am truly sorry about your experience, this seems to be completely out of ordinary for us, we clearly had underestimated how busy we were going to be or the popularity of some of the dishes.
your comments have been taken on board,I believe some of the issues were down to a basic misunderstanding amongst our team, but we are confident this will not reoccur.
Kind regards
Marylise
Toulouse, France
“Much much better than last time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Bistrot Pierre is our favourite place for diner in Sheffield. I was brave enough to try the fish soup and, OMG, no regret. That was beautiful. The steak was to die for and the service, supplied by this young French lady was just perfect!
We have to come back again

Visited September 2013
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service when you dined with us. I have passed on your comments to the chefs, and to the waitress who served you. Hopefully, we will see you again soon!