“Really cosy” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eating out that's anything but ordinary. We bring a touch of French sparkle to everyday dining in Sheffield - join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner, as well as special event evenings each month.
Nottingham
“Really cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary and it was perfect. It wasn't too busy and the staff were really attentive :) Thumbs up :)

Visited September 2012
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the "thumbs up" and we're so pleased you and your boyfriend enjoyed your dining experience with us. Hope to see you soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Gastronomic delight again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What I really appreciate about going to eat at Le Bistrot Pierre is that I KNOW the food is going to be good. Over the last couple of years they have maintained the excellent quality of their cuisine so that it IS a gastronomic delight to eat there. The service is attentive and friendly without being pushy and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. All three of us enjoyed each one of our choices and vowed that we would go more often, as we consider the prices are very reasonable.

A suggestion: I know that some of the food is locally sourced, but it would be an added bonus to know that such a reputable restaurant, albeit part of a chain, is actively supporting other local businesses in their supply chain.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review and your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our customers. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Bonne bouffe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am an Englishman who speaks reasonable French and my wife and I are regular visitors to France and have been for many years. We have eaten hundreds of times in French restaurants so we do think that we know a little about French cuisine. At lunch today(16/11/2012) I had bavette et frites for my main course. The beef was cooked perfectly to my order (rare) and I have to say that I have never had better in France. Even the chips were cooked in the proper French manner. Barbara had an off-menu special (at no extra cost) which was haddock with leek and mild curry sauce, wilted spinach, roast vegetables and garnished with about 7 or 8 mussels. She pronounced this to be excellent.With a bottle of house wine the bill was less than £34 for 2 courses. Anybody moaning about the staff not speaking French should have a chat with Julien - he is a Parisien and will soon put you right.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you Bernard for your lovely review and we're delighted to read how much you and your wife enjoyed your dining experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Sheffield
“Lovely food & relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went to Le Bistrot Pierre with my boyfriend on a Friday evening, we booked a table for 7pm.

I really like this restaurant as its French and reminds me a little of being in Paris.

For starter I had the Pate, which was very nice, and my boyfriend had a bread basket which was a variety of fresh breads.

For main I had the 9oz Ribeye steak, cooked medium with fries, it was very tasty and cooked perfectly. My boyfriend had Half free range roasted chicken with Fries. He said it was very nice but he did have steak envy.

For dessert I had the Hazelnut Chocolate Meringue which was amazing, however I would have liked to have seen French Macarons on the menu.

We shared a bottle of Rousanne Chardonnay which was really nice, and my boyfriend had a Remy Martin and we both had coffee.

I would go here again, I havent given it 5 stars because I did think we were given a poor table. we did ask if we could sit next to the window but the waitress said it was booked.

The restaurant was also quite busy the evening we went , and it had a good atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant; it's greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Unexpected delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

You walk in through the bar, which was empty at the time although it looked nice, and you think oh dear, but upstairs the restuaurant was busy. I loved the menu choice, there were 5 of us and we all enjoyed the meal. The service was the best in a restaurant I have experienced.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully we will see you again in Sheffield or at one of our other restaurants soon.