Being desperate to find suitable accommodation, that is not too expensive. I was unfortunate to stay in the Old Crown/Sleep I would ask others to avoid. The reasons are listed below.
1. The bed was not re made every day, with clean sheets or pillow cases. I had to sleep on the same sheets for 3 days.
2. No breakfast was available!-on the premises.
3. Shower and sink not cleaned ( 1st floor) all the time I was there, at least there was hot water. Did not dare use shower as I was dirty.
4. The Crown Inn is on a main road constant noise for traffic outside. Was woken up many times from 4 in the morning on wards.
5. The Other guests were very noisy, woke me up at 6 am for 3 days.
6. Forced to stay, as I wanted to cancel my first booking, due to a situation beyond my control, they refused, claiming the would have to charge me the full amount for the time I would have stayed, thus forcing me to re-book with them at a later date and force me to stay there. After hearing, I checked out there terms and conditions. It Stated that they could only charge someone, if they were unable to find someone else to have the room and not simple because someone cancels their booking.
7. Payed up front in cash. Even though had not used the room for time booked.
I left on the 3 day as could not stand being woken up again a 6 am, missing sleep and feeling like a zombie all day. Fell asleep at my aunt's in the afternoon, who I was visiting and did this all the time I was up there.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
My main issue is that I this review as it is factually incorrect. The customer states that they were charged for a full stay so "forced"to stay at another date. This would not be the case as we operate a 24hr cancellation policy. If the customer had wanted to cancel and did so outside of the cancellation policy, they would have been charged for the 1st nights stay only. There is no way the customer requested to leave and was told that they couldn't. It is not our policy to make people stay against their will !. If the customer had called an complained we would have let them leave with no charge and any payment made would have been refunded.
Report response as inappropriate
This is my main issue but regarding the other comments, the bathrooms are cleaned daily, if its a stay over the rooms are checked if they want clean towels, more tea/coffee etc.
In conclusion I feel that this review should be removed due to the fact it is factually incorrect for the reasons stated above.
We have tried to contact the customer to resolve this matter but they have declined to return our calls.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.