“Very nice food, a little pricey but worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
reading
“Very nice food, a little pricey but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm not really into sitting next to people i don't know, it feels like a school canteen but luckily it's not been particularly busy when i've been so i've never had to face that problem. the restauraunt is very clean and attractive. The service was quite fast, i can't say i have ever had a team member that's struck me as fantastic, so i would have to say the service was average, helpful, and they do check up on you to make sure everything's okay, so can't complain! I ordered shrimp dumplings and they came with this utterly amazing sauce, i cannot remember what it was but wow it was delicious! i then ordered yaki udon which is my favourite. it is cooked perfectly, the chicken is tender and dlicious, there isn't a plethora of vegetables or ginger, it's all in good propotion and it is very filling! I have never had a dessert from wagamamas because i have always been nicely full from dinner. I look forward to going again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
UK
“change for the worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

used to eat there at least once every two of three weeks - however the last couple of times I have notice the food quality has gone down hill.
Noodles in soup very salty and too much msg....food always warm when arrived at table....a couple of times the food taste like as if it has been re-heated by microwave...bit hot a bit of it cold

Visited June 2012
Reading
“Wagamama”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was great!!! i love to food, i went with the family and they all loved it! We have always said that we will go in there again. I would recomemnd this to anyone!

Visited September 2012
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Regular visitor and fan disappointed after latest visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Up until last week I would have rated Wagamama good to excellent. I have always loved their menu. The bowls of soup with noodles are exceedingly generous portions and delicious flavours, except - they've started adding chilli oil - very un Japanese. I don't like much chilli and would rather they left us to add our own. I had miso ramen which I didn't realise would have chilli oil added - it was in the small print at the end of the list of ingredients. It had far too much chilli which spoilt the otherwise great flavours of the main ingredients. I couldn't finish the soup due to the amount of chilli.
We visited quite late one evening when it was quiet and easy to get a table; the service was fine to start with, but by the end of the evening the staff had lost interest in us and I had to go and ask for the dessert menu! (It was still half to 3/4 of an hour before they were due to close.)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Came in here for dinner one evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The waiting staff were super-friendly, but the food is just average. Wagamama used to be so much better than this. The seafood Ramen is notably absent from the menu these days, and that was always my favourite dish!

Visited January 2013