“Well worth a visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 493 Restaurants in Reading
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is my first tripadvisor review, but after such a fantastic evening at Myalacarte I felt I needed to share my experience. We tried booking in advance but found them to be fully booked, but we tried again that day on the off chance they had a cancellation, we were in luck! I still cannot get over how good the food was, I would go as far as to say it is one of the best meals I have ever had! (I had the venison followed by the English Apple Stew).The service was faultless, they were very busy but the staff were fantastic, very friendly and attentive.Credit where credit is due.

“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Service slowed towards the end. Starters excellent. Steak in main was a bit tasteless. Dessert great. Good wine selection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been looking forward to going to Myalacarte for a while now and it did not disappoint.

The catch of the day which was sea bream was delightful. I'm not usually a fish person but if it was cooked and presented like this every single time then fish would be my new favourite food. The apple stew desert was lovely as was the soup of the day and the wine we ordered.

Cannot fault the restaurant at all. The wait to go there was totally worth it and I look forward to going again very soon. A gem of a restaurant in Reading. Go now!

Reading, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked this venue for my husband's birthday party. Not everyone knows that this place has a very cosy private room which can easily accommodate 12 people. We all felt very welcomed in a lovely relaxing environment. Food exceeded all expectations. The service was extremely attentive and very well organised. I just cannot thank the staff enough for making this night so special!

Streatley On Thames, United Kingdom
“Stunning Food & Simply Amazing Service - Great Value Too! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant never stops surprising me; The menu is most varied with something for everyone, and the food is simply delightful! Organic and fresh, and of the upmost quality, the presentation is both stunning and exciting, with fellow diners all being jealous of one another's food.

I have regularly visited since its opening a few years ago, taking friends, family, clients, and colleagues, and am always extremely impressed with the service also. The staff are great, being very welcoming and most attentive and accomodating throughout the entire experience.

The restaurant has a very relaxed yet up-beet and contemporary feel to it, with attractive high quality surroundings adding to the meal as a whole.

You have to go!