“Ibis Reading” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Reading Centre

You added Ibis Reading Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Reading Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 A. Friar St. | Reading Station, Reading RG1 1DP, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
York, United Kingdom
“Ibis Reading”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Central located sleep factory - does what is says on the tin, clean, comfortable quiet rooms with pod style bathroom. Great if you just need a bed at a fair price in Reding center. Breakfast was good, bar area a little basic, but plenty of good places to eat and drink very close.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your comments.
We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Reading Centre.
Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wymondham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Location is great, just minutes from the train station and the Oracle. That was convenient as I arrived at midnight with AirRail non stop bus from Heathrow.

Great little city with everything you need, and I felt very safe there, day and night.

The room was basic, but very clean, and bigger than the one I stayed in in London. I was bit cold first night and I called reception, and in five minutes the girl brought me extra heater for the room.

Breakfast was adequate, had everything I usually eat for breakfast back home.

The staff was great help, very prompt to help with my booking, as my company was paying, and I needed pro-forma invoice. Thanks for everything, one more time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review.
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Standard Accor facility but what's more important is their staffs are highly professional and exceptionally helpful.
I arrived after a long journey and found a document missing and I needed to print out, the lady on duty she offered me help and had my document ready on time. Second day after the meeting I found my earring gone missing and went back to ask if they had found anything - the lady on the front desk didn't take it lightly and she followed up for few times with the housekeeping staff.
This is a kind of service I wish to receive in every single ACCOR hotel.

Minus - No WIFI in room. I don't mind to pay, I just wish to have that convenience.

Dear Guest

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Reading Centre.
Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Ibis is great for a night out as it is ideally situated 4 minutes from the train station and the Oracle. There are plenty of places to eat, as well as fast food restuarants and bars/clubs. The hotel sell hot food as well as snacks and alcohol, we found the menu to be very reasonably priced.

We all commented on how comfortable the beds were and though the rooms were basic, they were clean and suitable for what we needed them for.

We would not usually choose this type of hotel however for value for money and cleanliness we could not complain.

It is worth mentioning that we only paid £40 for a double room, however this was an advanced booking which upped to £80 on the Ibis website when we wanted to book a second room. The Hilton is worth a visit for around £60 and is just outside Reading town center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Reading Centre very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I received a discounted rate so the value was superb. The rooms were clean and everyone in my group of friends had a fantastic stay. The only issue i has was that the concierge did not know the area well enough to give directions. Other than that, FANTASTIC stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed in the Reading Ibis for a business trip for one night and all the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. A definite recommendation from me for this budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AnneDubruille, Front Office Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Hotel in Reading Centre.

Kind regards,

Krishnam Addala

Been to Ibis Reading Centre? Share your experiences!