“Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 hotels in Reading
surrey
“Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed for one night for our anniversary. We didn't eat an evening meal here but we sampled their exceptional cocktails and their breakfast in bed the next morning was exquisite. The suite we stayed in made us feel decadent. The luxurious decor and amenities certainly convince you that you are in a hotel somewhere other than the centre of Reading. This hotel is extremely good value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As an anniversary and pre-valentines night, my partner and I checked into a hotel that is normally well out of our price bracket. It was everything we could have hoped for and more. From the delightful rain showers to the majestic king size bed, to the wonderful reception and concierge, the beautiful breakfast in bed, there was nothing about this hotel that I didn't fall in love with instantly. The Brazilian music playing on the cd player, the options of dvds to watch, the prompt champagne delivery, the selection of breakfast food. Literally everything about this spectacular building made me rethink our home and how I can make it a bit more like the Forbury!

Room Tip: Any room in this building. Our had a view of the quiet courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Hotel is great from start to finish, Decor is beautiful and the staff are very friendly and helpful. we didnt want for anything.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and homely. Wide variety of choice for breakfast.
We didnt eat dinner at this hotel so cant comment on that however we did have drinks at the bar and we were served very quickly.

Would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic get away its walking distance from the town centre and casino so much to do, For all those people moaning about the price go and stay in the Travel lodge if you want cheap.

This hotel is very well priced for weekend rates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went for a staff Christmas Dinner/Dance and was very disappointed with the food, maybe my expectations were too high but for £50 a head why shouldn't they be.
Staff were lovely and very hard working but drinks were way overpriced.
So for 2 of us Dinner/wine and some drinks afterwards set us back over £250

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was so disapointed with my first visit to this hotel.I arrived with my friends for what we thought would be a wonderful dining experience on my birthday.When we arrived we were told that there was no reservation,this was an error on their part as it had been booked after a long conversation between my friend and a member of The Forbury Hotel staff.The way the staff then dealt with this error was very poor, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I have do not wish to visit this hotel again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reading
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked a table for a special friends birthday. When we arrived we were told there was no reservation and there was nothing they could do. I had spent a long time on the telephone outlining the evening I had planned for my friend but the staff said there was no record of this + indeed implied that it was my stupidity that no reservation had been made. Although I asked to speak to the manager, his attitude was also patronising and unacceptable.
As we were so upset, wouldnt you think that good customer service would be to offer us a drink + to sit down + talk about the situation? I have previously had excellent experiences at this hotel but their customer service proved to be extremely poor tonight.

Room Tip: If you want an excellent meal - go to the Brasserie in London street! 5 minutes walk away and the cu...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Met friends for a drink at their cocktail bar and it was fabulous. Very friendly and knowledgable bar tender who made us some fantastic monkey shoulder cocktails. Will be going back soon to stay so will report back, but if the drinks and opulent surroundings are anything to go by then I am in for a treat and special 5star service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Forbury Hotel? Share your experiences!