“Faultless” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Department Stores, Shopping
keighley
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I bought a cashmere dressing gown from M & S and absolutely loved it. However, after the first wash (completely following washing instructions), I was extremely upset when it shrunk dramatically . It was a size 12/14 but would have fit an 8 year old.

I had owned the dressing gown for almost 12 months but only worn it a handful of times before I washed it.

I am not a very assertive person and felt quite trembly when I visited my local M & S store to ask if there was anything that could be done about it. I thought they would try and put the blame on me for not washing correctly.

I could not have been more wrong!. The girl who served me agreed that for the price I'd paid £199 which is alot of money to me this should not have happened.

They took the gown from me and said it would be sent off for testing. I have since received a very sincere apology letter from M & S and been given a full refund with no quibbles.

I cannot fault M & S customer services. Thank you.

Visited August 2013

london
13 attraction reviews
“Standards getting lower and lower”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

What has happened to customer friendly marks and spencer. Went into the Beooklands store in Weybridge. Their staff are rude and managers unhelpful and patronising. You used to be able to rely on good quality products and good service. Now the staff are appalling and clothes awful. Don't bother!,,,

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Customer services”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Do not order gift cards on line. Took 3 weeks to deliver as address was incomplete. Review rejected by M & S. no reply from customer services.

Visited June 2013
devon
“Please get new designers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I couldn't believe the fuddy duddy colour and designs of last season's offerings in the clothes departments. M & S need to realise that the 50 and 60+ customers who are their main catchment are children of the 1960's and 70's who were dressing in Mary Quant and Biba. Even Per Una, brought in by George to cater for the more stylish older buyer, has completely lost the plot and is indistinguishable from the rest of the store. Areas are not defined and the colours are just horrible. Lets hope this season's offerings are better.

Visited April 2013
England Wigan
13 attraction reviews
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I wrote to customer services about one of their cafes at Gemini retail park and I had a templated response. I then emailed back in (which was stupid by the way! You can't reply back to the email!) and had yet another sarcastic yet 'polite' response. I work in Customer Services myself. -.-

Visited January 2013