“magnificent” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Berkshire
“magnificent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fortunately we had booked a table, as even though it was a Wednesday, and early evening (6 p.m.) by the time we left just after 7 p.m. it was packed, and with a queue waiting to go in, so just a tip here, if you know for sure you want to go , ring up and reserve first! Food - oh so much choice, from Indian, to English carvery, to Mexican to Sushi, salads, huge array of deserts, and bottomless soft drinks from a machine. At £15 per head, it was wonderful. Couldn't eat all my way around what was on offer of course, so this means another trip sometime to try some of the other things. Very clean. Well cooked. Well presented. Attendant staff continually clearing your plates. Recommend. Wish we had something like this in Wokingham - or maybe not or I will go broke!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reading, United Kingdom
“SUPERBE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

i think this is the best place to eat in reading. Simply divine. Huge choices and lots of fresh ideas with fabulous squid and spare ribs to name but a few of the delights this wonderful restaurant offers. i have never seen so many desserts. it is a good idea to book as we had to wait a little for a table but it is understandable with a place this much in demand. truly my top eating experience and i would reccomend this to anyone who likes good food

Visited November 2012
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
“Food Poisoning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great place for socialising etc but the unexpected addition of a night throwing up after means a report to public health officers .

Visited November 2012
reading
“poor for vegetarians”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went with a group of work colleagues. Being vegetarian I really struggled as my choice was limited and found myself noticing spoons that had been used in meat or fish dishes in the veg options. I ended up having Indian which even then only had 3 veg choices and it was impossible to tell if any meat was in the rice.There was a rather odd pizza on offer with carrots and peas on-didn't try it!!! No ingredient advice up near the dishes either. Really don't think I would go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Reading on a Sunday night a few weeks back as I had a meeting in the area on the following Monday.

Nither of us had been to Reading before so didn't really know where to start for a good meal sunday night. On the offchance I checked the Cosmo website and was pleased to see that there was a new restaurant recently opened, so despite our awful experience at the Tunbridge Wells branch, we decided to give it a try.

I think this is one of the best restaurants I've been to, of its kind. As we had booked we were seated immediately, although it wasn't as busy as i thought it might have been anyway! The food seemed endless and well prepared, and my husband's eyes almost popped out of his head at the choice!! The other bonus Reading's branch has over the others is that it does refill soft drinks, which you can pay once for and then keep helping yourself as often as you like - which is needed as some of the food can be a bit on the greasy/salty side!

Great value, great choice, great atmosphere - would definitely recommend this place!!

Could we now please get one in Maidstone?? :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere