“Excellent Bed and Breakfast especially for a long stay” 5 of 5 stars

Beech House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Bath Rd, Reading RG30 2AY, England   |
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Reading
Dorset
“Excellent Bed and Breakfast especially for a long stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

10 out of 10. The Beech House Hotel is an excellent B&B it's location and off road parking enhance this. Breakfast is superb, the rooms and hotel in general are superbly clean and comfortable. The free wi-fi reception is excellent. Rates are negotiable for a longer stay. The hotel does not have a bar and does not do evening meals but there is a Beefeater opposite and local restaurants in easy reach by car. If staying in Reading again this definitely would be my first choice for accomodation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night based on reviews on trip advisor. We received a very warm welcome on arrival and were very impressed with the facilities offered by this hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was generous and delicious. If we need to stay in reading again we will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

I would say that this one was my best stay among the 3 hotels in which I had stayed in UK.

The room was quite warm and no matter whatever the traffic may be, I could not hear even a slight bit of noise form outside. It was a total pin drop silence in my room. although my room was just next to the dinning room but still I did not found my self disturbed by anyway. It was quite pleasant out there.

I had booked a king size room and the bed was quite large. The bathroom was also as spacious as the room was very decoratively desinged in a well managed manner. The room had sufficient storage and was well with tea and coffee.

The hotel also had plenty of parking space. It is a very well priced hotel and its would a real great place to stay if we want to explore london. It is not quite far from the station and has very easy connectivity.

Thye staff also helped me out with their huge store of information about the local events and the excellent attractions. the staff was also very well polished in their communication and was quite friendly.

I really enjoyed my stay and it was awesome, good breakfast, proper location, helpful staff, good price.

• Liked — staff, food and location
  • Disliked — nothing as such
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I had to stay over as I was taking exams and needed to be near Shinfield and Reading Uni. The proprietor knew I was studying and needed a quiet room, on arrival he met me by name, carried in my suitcase and assured me that I would be able to revise and relax.
I stayed in a small double, with tea/coffee making facilities, big ensuite, fantastic towels, shower gel, shampoo in lovely bottles. The bed was really comfortable, gorgeous decoration, a closet, freeview tv, telephone and access to broadband.
The breakfast was very good, nice big English, you choose what you would like from 7am, with cereal, cafetiere coffee, big pots of tea, fruit etc. Attention to detail and attentive service.
There is a car park outside, nearby beefeater but I would recommend the short drive through the park to the Harvester.
I had a lovely comfortable stay, it was just what I needed at this stressful time. There is a nice dining room, comfortable lounge with TV, tea/coffee bar.
Definately recommend this due to the comfort factor and its proximity to Reading town centre and surrounding villages.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Weeze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

The Beech House Hotel in Reading is advertising executive rooms for the upper class traveller.

The hotel is conveniently located at the A4-Bath Road close to the city centre. It is offering ample parking space and easy access to London and the West.

Entering the hotel one is greeted by Ali, the owner. The hotel has a very nice and clean ambience featuring a comfortable lounge, a nice breakfast room and some vending facilities for coffee, tea and water.

The room, I did have an executive single, looked very smart and clean. Unfortunately , it only looked smart but was some distance away from being it.

First the tea table. This furniture was made entirely from plywood with a table cloth thrown over it.

Secondly, the divan bed was cheap as well and very uncomfortable. It was making noises and I had the constant feeling to slide out of it because it just did not feel right.

The chair was another cheap assembly and not comfortable at all.

The room was quiet and warm. In fact, it was to warm because the radiator had no thermostat and couldn't be adjusted. No noise was coming from the busy road or from adjourning rooms.

The bathroom was very clean and well presented with a very powerful shower.

The wireless internet access was faultless and fast. I was amazed it was free as I have just spent £49 at the Comfort Hotel Reading West for 7 days access.

The breakfast as offered was not very nice nor was the maid (polish) who prepared and served it. The Breakfast was soggy and greasy and not cooked properly. The coffee was not drinkable and one would better order a tea instead.

To sum it up - The hotel is a treat but not executive. It is well presented and clean but an upgrade on some of the furniture would make it miles better.
The maid needs some lesson about customer services and cooking a proper 'Full English'.
The owner is a real gentleman and will welcome you at his very best. The Beech Hotel is a good tip for the room prices and will offer clean and well looked after accommodation. It is well suitable for longer stays.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Darwen.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

After our first stay, also reviewed on here we had contact with another member about this Hotel, and needing to stay in Reading again we decided to give it another go!
We booked a King Room and were given No 9, a large upstairs room with a separate loo and bathroom.
The room was quiet with TV, good storage tea and coffee makings and a large comfy bed, now the loo and Bathroom are across the separate landing, indeed from the Breakfast room you can see up to the landing and we felt privacy was a little lacking, even if there is no reason for anyone other than Room 9's occupants to be up there! I had a chat with the owner about this and due to fire regs a door is not permitted at the top of the stairs, however I did suggest a curtain which he said would be given some thought.
Breakfast was nice too, we were given a choice of eggs with our full English along with white or brown toast, there was also a much better selection of fruit and cereal than on our last visit.
Overall the Hotel is spotless, quiet and peaceful, nice.
So yes it does pay to sometimes give a Hotel a second chance, indeed we are just about to book there again for our next visit at the end of the month.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ashford, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Booked my room at the last minute. Was doing some sightseeing in the area and decided to stay in Reading overnight. This seemed to have good reviews on the whole so thought I'd give it a try. Am so glad I did!

Conveniently located, plenty of parking and a charming looking property. The inside of the hotel was spotlessley clean, decorated to a very high standard with good quality furnishings and felt very comfortable indeed. Check-in was speedy and I was shown the dining room and garden before being shown to my room (I was also shown where I could get more tea and coffee in case I used up the complimentary supply provided in my room).

I had booked a single room and was given no. 8. A very nice, quiet room which had everything I needed. The bathroom was spacious as was the room itself, which was decorated very nicely and I got a good nights' sleep in the comfy bed. The card that operated the lock to my room door also operated the door at the front of the hotel so I was able to come as go as I pleased.

My room was next to the dining room but I wasn't all disturbed in the morning like I thought I might have been. Breakfast was lovely...plenty of fruit, cereals and juice to choose from and service was quick and friendly. Having taken a seat, I was soon asked if I'd like tea or fresh coffee and if I'd like a full breakfast (which was very good!). I noticed other guests asking for variations to the breakfast and this seemingly wasn't a problem (i.e. scrambled eggs on toast instead of full breakfast etc).

Check out was quick and easy and I found the gentleman (presumably the owner?) very friendly and helpful both when I arrived and when I left. The hotel had plenty of information about local events and attractions too.

I found staying at the Beech House Hotel a very pleasant experience. Lovely hotel, comfortable room, great breakfast, friendly staff, ample parking all at a great price! You will not regret booking your stay here...thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Beech House Hotel? Share your experiences!