“Delicious curry in Reading” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
kuala lumpur
“Delicious curry in Reading”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good service,good location,delicious curry.Waiters helpful in selecting good food from the menu.Not too expensive.

Visited August 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
“Good food but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ate with 2 work colleagues. We asked to sit outside by the river and although they didn't initially have a table free, they magicked one up for us. The service was good, the food plentiful, but the price was expensive for what it was. The food was very tasty and well cooked, but not exceptional. We were offered a 'free' drink after the meal which was a very pleasant surprise, but considering the price, we had paid for it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great food, lovely view, shame about the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A nice Indian meal, lovely view of the river and caversham bridge. Service was good, food was very nice. Evening was lovely until the bill came! Although the food was nice it was basic Indian food. Could have gone to better places and spent less. Is a shame as I enjoyed the evening but not enough to go back at that price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overcooked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Service was good and friendly but the food was all overcooked to the point of no return. The ostrich, lame, fish and chicken was overcooked. It's not somewhere we will ever visit again.

Visited July 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Would definitely go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A group of 8 of us women from work went to River Spice on Friday night, 7pm until 10.30pm. First time I'd been, a couple of the others had been before. There didn't seem to be much choice on the menu and some of my friends were ordering stuff that I couldn't actually see on my menu, maybe I had a page missing! Anyway, I had chicken biryani which came with a vegetable curry, and a garlic naan bread. It was all delicious! And there was plenty of garlic in the naan bread! The setting is lovely, right on the river, it was a lovely evening so 3 of sat outside after our main and took our drinks out for 10 mins. I had a pint of Kronenbourg which was a bit off actually, smelt of rotten eggs. I had a Kingfisher on arrival which was from a bottle, that was okay but a bit flatter than I expected. It was busy in the restaurant, and there's a covered area for outside, but there were definitely no rowdy clientele like others have experienced. We left about 10.30 and I got the impression that's when the rowdy ones start to arrive (same as anywhere I guess).. Anyway, I still really enjoyed the meal, the service was excellent. And I would definitely go back, in fact I can't wait for the next time so I therefore give this restaurant a 4 for Very Good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere