“Yet again excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Yet again excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for years as a family ! Birthdays and special occasions ! You only need to look in the window and see that it is packed with Chinese families to know it must be good! Staff great food great downstairs (not had dim sum upstairs)! Loads of choice on all you can eat menu and the main menu is excellent ! Love the pork dumplings !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reading, United Kingdom
“A taste of China”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was very impressed with this restaurant, the food is good authentic Chinese food, very similar to what I've had in Beijing. It's also very reasonably priced, a lunchtime set menu cost around £20 for two people including drinks.

I wouldn't say the food is high-end Chinese food, but it's good enough and light years away from the sugary mess that I've had from many British 'Chinese' Takeaways. The service was good, atmosphere was great (it was packed) and the food was all delicious.

My only complaint, would be the portion of rice I got with my set lunch was too big for one person. I certainty wouldn't call that a big problem, but as a Yorkshire boy I hate leaving food on my plate.

I'd recommend this place to anyone wanting a taste of real Chinese food in Reading. It was easy to forget that I was still in the UK and not back in Beijing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Come for the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

And not the service.... I do not mean that in a bad way at all. Ignore the comments about the service and come for the dim sum on the weekend which is better than many places in London. Also the crispy noodles with seafood. Good Cantonese stalwart dishes which we regularly come back for. Better than Kei's we think.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wales
“Chinese wedding banquet to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The banquet was held upstairs and there were at least 10 courses - all authentic and delicious, especially the seafood dishes. Excellent service. We had the best time - thank you.

Visited August 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good authentic Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Probably the best Chinese restaurant in Reading and trust me, I should know. Food is authentic and well-cooked. Service is also very good.
One of the best day to visit is Sunday for 'dim sum'. Majority of diners are Chinese which is another good sign.
Definitely recommended but it is not cheap.

• Visited July 2012