“Great meal” 4 of 5 stars

+44 118 957 2717 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal Tandoori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 493 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Royal Tandoori Restaurant in the heart of Reading serves only the finest Indian food. All of our dishes are prepared using the finest spices from India and the freshest produce. Most of all, our food is authentically Indian. Here, at the Royal Tandoori you can even hold parties in our banqueting rooms.Why not come and sample our superb Indian food waited on by friendly staff? Call us now to make your booking!
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I went on a Saturday night with 5 friends. This was my first visit and it was good to see the restaurant was busy. The service we received throughout a busy night was very good. My starter which was chicken shishlak was very good. It was spicy, big chunks of chicken and peppers served on a sizzling skillet. I had lamb rogan josh but I was disappointed with this. It wasn't very flavoursome and the meat wasn't that tender but ok. Overall we enjoyed our meal. To finish off a hot towel and a mint or choccy would have been nice but I would visit again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best curry in Reading”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm not fussed by service or decor, I eat out for flavours! And the curry at Royal Tandoori is the best I've had in Reading so far. And they have no qualms serving me after 10:30 at night. They don't let you add a tip on the speedpoint so bring cash to tip these lovely gents who feed me such deliciousness.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
royal_tandoori, Manager at Royal Tandoori, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and the service at Royal Tandoori Restaurant and look forward to you returning in the near future.

Kind Regards

Paul
Reading, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Me and my friend went there on 20th November 2013. The restaurant was not that fully packed. And we were disgusted by there service . We ordered starters which was fine , we ordered main course as well in the same time but main course never ever arrived, when we asked them they gave us a stupid reply that we did not serve it as because you did not finish your starter!!!!!!!!!!! We finish our starter or not its completely our business , we ordered something are they not supposed to bring it to us without us asking them to bring it. When the main course did not arrive we ordered two desert which never arrived !!!! we chased two to three of their staff for the deserts no one had any clue and not even bothered to response. When we finally cancelled our order and decided to pay the bill and get out of that disgusting place surprisingly desert reached our table from the moon , the manager brought it for us and when we told him why are you bringing the desert now when we already cancelled our order he said 'OK' and he was saying that we have to look after our other customers as well!! Are we not customers???? We were not served with our main course... we were not served our desert... we were not looked after at all!! What the hell they were looking after????? They should be given proper training.. they do not have any idea what the hell they are doing....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Everything excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

First time in this restaurant and we were very pleased with everything.

The food is nicely cooked, delicious and well presented.

The juices, when they say "fresh", they mean really fresh juice, made on the spot, the orange and apple juices are simply perfect.

Prices really good compared to quality.

Paul, the manager is certainly doing an excellent job and we hope he keeps it up, our congratulations to him :)

Will return and pass the word to friends certainly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
royal_tandoori, Manager at Royal Tandoori, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Kind Regards

Paul
Reading, United Kingdom
“Shocking.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been visiting Royal Tandoori on a regular basis for the last few months. I have to say that they probably have the best curry in Reading. However, me and my wife vised Royal Tandoori on Wednesday 20th of November 2/3 of the restaurant was occupied.
We will never visit the restaurant again!!! because of their poor management. It seems that they have recently undergone a managerial change.
We ordered two deserts which never arrived. The manager was so ignorant walking like the don and pretending that he doesn't see us waving in order to get his attention.
We could not see our favorite Danny who always engages us in a witty banter.
Overall, excellent food but will never come back because of the ignorant manager who turned our dinner into a nightmare.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your custom, which is very much appreciated.
We do apologizefor not getting your dessert on time, which was refused by you when brought to your table. We will improve on this.
It is not my deliberate intention to ignore any customer, as customers are key to our business. If you feel that way, kindly give us another chance to show that every customer is valued by us.
We look forward to being at your service again.