“Everything perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 505 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Everything perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I honestly don't have a thing to fault about this restaurant. We only went because of a 30% off student deal and I'm so grateful because I might never have discovered this gem! The atmosphere hit me as soon as I entered. The restaurant was full to the brim so I definitely advise booking as we did. The service was fantastic - we were quickly served and the waitress was genuinely friendly. I struggled to decide on a meal due to the extensive menu but I eventually went for the noodles and certainly didn't regret my decision when the meal came - complete with chopsticks! It was delicious and my boyfriend assured me that his meal was too. The portion size was fine but I still couldn't resist a pudding so I had the waffle which was to die for. Giraffe has become one of my favourite restaurants now and I really can't wait to return. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Good food with pleasant atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Dined here on 26th Oct with my partner. Although the place was busy with a great atmosphere the staff still had time to make sure your meal and evening was to your satisfaction. The quality and quantity of food is slightly above average for a mainstream eatery and I found the spicy chicken fajitas slightly bland in taste but that's probably because I like my food spicy. All in all an enjoyable evening and will return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Kids Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

While on holiday in Reading we visited this restaurant twice during August. We were grandparents, parents and two children, aged 11 and 6. Our granddaughters enjoyed getting the little giraffe's in their drinks. The selection is extensive and has something for everyone; also a good drinks selection. Service was friendly and prompt. We all enjoyed both visits and would return and recommend to others.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Staff are ace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Prompt service, although our table had no cutlery or sauces when our food arrived and we had to ask for them. Amazing food :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Swindon, England
“Excellent restaurant and very child-friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I ate here last weekend on a bright summers day. It is so nice to be able to eat outside when the sun shines. We found a table and were quickly attended to by a waitress. We had my 2 year old granddaughter with us and the waitress soon made her feel at home by bringing out colouring crayons and a drawing. Our drinks order was taken quickly and they arrived soon after which was very welcome as it was hot. The menu is quite varied and there is something for everyone including vegetarians (one of our party was vegetarian and she found the menu very good). We ordered some sharing dishes to start and these were nice. Mains followed - cajun chicken salad, a pasta dish, and I had a beefburger with Monterey Jack cheese which was really tasty. The drinks kept coming (the girls were drinking wine!) and all-in-all it was a very pleasant afternoon. Service was very attentive and we will be going back. Well done guys. cannot commnet on the bill as I didn't pay (treated by my son and daughter in law) but the mains were priced between £8 and £15. Look at the menu on their website if you are considering going.

• Visited August 2013