“Just right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading

You added Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading to your Saves list
Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madejski Stadium | Junction 11, M4, Reading RG2 0FL, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Reading
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel on the outskirts of Reading town centre. We stayed on the 5th floor in an upgrade room which was really well laid out with excellent lighting. the bed was very comfortable and was perfect after a long drive down from Nottingham.
The restaurant in the hotel should be visited as the food is fantastic, the only disappointment would be the 3 x retail price put on the wine list.

Room Tip: Top floor in the semi circle part of the building, on a clear day.............
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your lovely Trip Advisor Review.

We are so pleased you had a lovely stay at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading and that you enjoyed one of our luxurious Club Bedrooms.

I have advised the Operations Manager in regards to your comments over the Wine Menu and we do appreciate feedback on this.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when on a training course. Everything took place in the hotel which was ideal.
There is not much around the hotel but it is only a short taxi rise into Reading.
Hotel was clean and staff friendly but it is very much aimed at the business traveller. I do not think I would stay here for any other reason.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We appreciate your review and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited here in August en-route to our holiday. We were really pleased with the room; we'd specifically picked this hotel because it had a 'proper' bed for the children, not a put me up. The size of the beds were huge and very comfortable. We all enjoyed a swim (no restrictions on when the children can swim - another positive). Prompt check in. Fab choice at breakfast.
We all felt well rested and well fed. Our 4 year old keeps asking when we can go back - she liked it better than the holiday itself!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review.

We as so pleased to hear that your family had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have just returned having spent an evening and a night at this hotel. I attended a corporate evening there to celebrate the National Apprenticeship awards. I will start my comments in the order I experienced them. I read that most people found it easily, and this I did until the last roundabout, when the signs I expected to find were not visible to me. I did manage to catch part of a sign that was placed at about 2 o'clock to me as I entered, all I managed to read was 'Ticket Holders'. It turns out that this is where I should have gone, and there was a second sign giving me the information I needed. ( I found this one when I returned!) A pre-warning sign would have been useful prior to that roundabout as far as I am concerned. As I'm nearly 70, I don't read small signs so fast these days. I guess I can say that I found most of the signage poor and should I say vague as far as I am concerned. Car parking was easy once there, and was secure too!
Check in was quick and efficient, with a very polite person at the desk. I was directed to the lifts to find my room. Again I found the signage less that outstanding. I suppose it is designed to blend in with the décor ..and it does very well. Perhaps it is me, but I had to look most carefully to find my room. There is a balance between signs that jump out at you and those that merge into the background, maybe it is me, but I think these are a little too much merged! My room was excellent, clean, modern and above all did not look as though it had seen better days, as some hotels do. Very good facilities too, although I did not use them on this visit.
The venue for the event was first class, and the pre-drinks and nibbles were some of the best I have ever eaten. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I heard many people comment to them just how good the food was. The food served on the evening was also excellent, and if this is read by the hotel management, my sincere compliments to the Chef.
I slept well that night as I had an outside facing room. Some of my colleagues commented to me this morning that there had been a party or gathering in the atrium later around midnight that had kept them awake as their rooms overlooked this internal area! Breakfast very good with plenty of choice. The breakfast area is more Café than hotel dining room though!
Check out was again quick and efficient and all the staff I met were friendly and helpful. My criteria, would I take my wife there = yes, would I take a holiday there = NO! It is very well looked after, but has little character. Impressive, but resembles a large corporate business building. I would go there again, on business for sure!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you ask for out facing room as they appear to have least issue with late night...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased you had a lovely stay at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading.

I have passed your feedback in regards to the signage to the Football Stadium and Hotel Management and we will assess these at great length.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've stayed in this hotel. I arrived very late (after 10pm) as my flight had been delayed. Check in was smooth and the staff pleasant.

I was with a colleague so we decided to have a drink. The bar is soulless. It's a huge space with an atrium and a strange water feature in the middle. It's not somewhere I would feel relaxed or want to spend any time. It's very strange, there's nothing wrong with it, it just feels odd!

I was given a room on the first floor. It was the normal corporate type of room, but was clean and functional. The bathroom was spotless with a shower over the bath.

The bed was comfortable but let down with synthetic pillows that were quite lumpy. The best thing about the room were the black out curtains! I know, a strange thing to say, but sleeping in a room that was properly dark is such a bonus when staying in a hotel.

There's a good selection for breakfast. The staff are pleasant and attentive and nothing was any trouble.

Overall this is a nice hotel but there are better properties in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We appreciate all comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Room and bathroom large and bed very comfortable. Fantastic breakfast with lots of choice and very quick service. Only slight niggle was that because football was on, bar were using plastic glasses . Understand reasons why but surely those of us obviously not attending a football match could have normal bar service.

• Stayed September 2013
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

we just got back bus full of us wonderful place quite food was 5 star so was service large room number 111 frist floor pool was out of this world clean v good lovely hotel ,staff were v nice nothing was to much for them all smile not one look as though they were at work lovely

Room Tip: we were in room 111 all at the end of floor v quite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

We are very proud of our staff here at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading and we are so please to hear you found them helpful and smiling.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading? Share your experiences!