“Nice Hotel, Good Facilities, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Reading
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel, Good Facilities, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed a night with wife and 2 kids. The Hotel is a bit dated, but kept very clean. The Staff were extremely nice and helpful, kids loved the pool, Jucuzzi and sauna. Breakfast had a good choice, as for dinner kids eat free, however the adult meals a bit on the pricey side. The only downside to the stay was no free wifi and no free internet pc facilities for the guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our friendly and helpful staff.

Regarding the Internet, IHG Properties are now offering free internet in all hotels to all loyalty programme members (IHG Rewards Club). This started on 1st July 2013 for Elite members and will be extended to all members during 2014. Please do not hesitate to speak with a member of the team on Reception for further information.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Mark Ind

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed overnight on a weekend trip to the Royal Albert Hall. The staff at the Holiday Inn were fantastic and really helpful. Their focus was on my 9 year old Grandson and making the stay as good for him as possible. Happy child - happy adults! Food was great and the service from all the staff we met was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We are very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay, and we very much hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just stayed for 2 nights, Friday & Saturday. From the time we checked in how very pleasant and attentive all members of staff were including Maggie & Glenda in the restaurant and Laura on the desk. The rooms are slightly dated but were clean, bathroom small but adequate. We used the pool every day of our stay which again could do with a facelift, especially the suana which was quite small in the ladies area not sure about the mens. Perhaps think about having a joint one on the next revamp as it is good to sit with your partner and not on your own. The main feature was the new menu that had been launched the night before we arrived and it was fantastic, we had the steak & beef rib was was excellent, starter & dessert equally as good. Overall a great stay just missed the 5 stars due to perhaps needing a refurbishment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your comments about our friendly and attentive team, and have passed on my thanks to the individuals mentioned.

Thank you also for highlighting areas that you feel could be improved, and I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken on board.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a large company booking. Checkin had a young lady attending the queue and talking to guests. She tried making polite conversation and offered me a glass of wine on arrival. A nice touch I thought even though I don't drink. Checkin was fairly smooth and was in my room in no time.
What surprised me was that there was NO free wifi . Hilton offer free wifi in the lounge, village offer free wifi, premier inn offer 30 minutes free and most chains are now offering free wifi but not holiday Inn! For this reason alone I would not stay again.
Room was clean and tidy but very basic, a cold feeling room which felt more like a travelodge room than what it is supposed to be a 3/4 star hotel.
Staff encountered seemed friendly enough throughout the hotel which was good to see.
Breakfast was good and very much like other hotel breakfasts.
I am pleased I was only here one night, no issue with the staff as mentioned previously but NO free wifi is a problem and a cold feeling room is not what you want on a winters night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

It was great to read that you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming, and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I was sorry to read that you may have had an issue with the heating in your room, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. Should you experience a problem of this nature in the future, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team, who will be very pleased to assist.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in due course.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Average business hotel very close to the M4 junction 11 and the various links therein. The hotel is pleasant enough in the public areas if a bit corridor in nature in the bar and restaurant areas. The attached pub offers a different atmosphere but is a bit sterile in nature without a pub feel really.

The rooms are constructed down huge corridors that take a long time to walk if you need to go from one end to the other. The room I had was very small and just about clean enough to not complain.

The staff are very keen to please and inquire as to your contentment frequently.

Overall not great but nothing specific to complain about.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences with us.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I was pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the staff and service that you encountered.

I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding areas that you feel could be improved. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer guests in all hotels in the InterContinental Group.

Should you wish to discuss any matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0118 987 0491.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on some future occasion.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here overnight due to a business meeting.
I had read some poor reviews so was pleasantly surprised on arrival.
Reception, Bar and Dining staff were very friendly and polite, all meals were good and there was a good choice at breakfast and dinner, though the coffee could be improved. The Bed was a little firm and the bathroom small, also the wifi was expensive, but the room was well lit and had tea and coffee making facilities.
I didn't get the chance to sample the pool, but it seemed well attended. I had no problem with room noise. I arrived from Reading station which was a £10 taxi ride away.

Room Tip: I was in room 130, which looked inwards towards the pool, so no noise from the car park.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Hotelaholic63,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Overall the hotel was good. Some guests were noisy on coming in during the early hours, but that's not the hotel's fault. Clean, comfy beds excellent service. We stayed two nights so we could attend a wedding nearby. Staff were courteous and helpful. Just after we booked in we decided to go to the bar for a cup of tea, the prices were extortionate £3.05p for a cup of tea or coffee, everything else was dearer, we could have had a drink in our room but decided to go to the bar instead, big mistake. As this hotel is just off the M4 we decided to have breakfast on the first morning. Granted the hotel was very reasonably priced but we paid £14.95p per person for breakfast, which to be honest was nothing to write home about. I only had fruit juice cereal and a piece of toast with tea so feel it was a rip off. My husband had a full English which was not very warm. Will make sure next time of the prices before ordering food, beverages etc.

Room Tip: All rooms were on the one level, which is handy long corridors though so not much choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I was pleased to read your comments about your clean and comfortable room, our excellent service, and our helpful staff.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by some other guests, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. Thank you also for your feedback regarding our pricing, and I would like to assure you that this has been shared with our Head Office.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on some future occasion.

Mark Ind

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!